Lynch and Friedman....the real deal. Check this out!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mailman1971

Reaction score
Here is the story on the Dave Friedman mods and him working with Lynch to get THE TONE! Friedman is the man!!

http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20080930/328/Dave_Friedman_and_George_Lynch.aspx

:D

Tubes and speakers sure to account for a huge difference... two of the siglemost tone altering changes to make to any amp... great tone... love greenbacks played them for years... the Super v is far better IMHO.

That George he is allways tone chasin... very cool!

His tone was KILLER on that demo!
Gotta love Lynch and his never ending running after the perfect tone!! 8)

Marked for later..this I gotta see.

I loved the Friedman Scary....I have a second Brahma on the way to get the Friedman treatment :D

OK, I swear I heard George say that the SuperV is based on an early-mid seventies Marshall (Plexi). Is this right? Did he misspeak? I always thought the SuperV was based on a Vox.

Whatever the case, a RM4 loaded with all Lynch modules would be unstoppable!

Great video, Thanks!

SacredGroove said:
OK, I swear I heard George say that the SuperV is based on an early-mid seventies Marshall (Plexi). Is this right? Did he misspeak? I always thought the SuperV was based on a Vox.

Whatever the case, a RM4 loaded with all Lynch modules would be unstoppable!

Great video, Thanks!

yeah,i heard him say that also about the Super V module.i'm thinkin' his must have mis-spoke.he had to be talkin about the MR SCARY module,i guess...

JKD said:
Marked for later..this I gotta see.

I loved the Friedman Scary....I have a second Brahma on the way to get the Friedman treatment :D
Oh yeah......just knew you couldnt RESIST the Friedman Brahma!!!
You wont be left without a smile on your face when you run that bad boy. Push it with the OD though. :wink:

What a great clip, very cool. That Brahma sounded amazing with both clips, sweet sweet Plexi tone.
Great to see George still tone chasin' after all these years.

i use the super V in my rack all the time, it's a strange MOD, when you pull the gain back to clean it up it's very VOX like ..lot's high end jangle ...but as you turn that gain nob up it totally changes into this low gain monster that has a very nice medium saturated marshall flavour to it ... for this simple reason this mod is one of my fav's ....
NOTE:
now i've never played a vox amp before , i've heard them thou ....

FYI -- for any tragically hip fans out there this mod cops their tone pretty **** close !!!!!

jmgman70 said:
Cool stuff!!Thanks Dan!
Yes this was one of the BEST Randall MTS clips out there for people looking for mods or are just into Lynch.
Like Dave Friedman told me one time when I sent him one of my modules to be modded :
" I WILL MAKE IT SOUND LIKE WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE "
And boy what a DIFFERNCE he made!! But I cant take the credit for this one. It was passed to me by Goldwing68nv or also known as "The amp master" or Old Neddy as I like to call him. Good guy to deal with all around. :D

Now I think this is the part where I say...."Book em' Danno!"
Or was that Michael from Knight Rider?
(uh oh.....here we go on the 80's tv shows again!!) :mrgreen:

Man.....now you guys are getting me pumped to get the SUPER V!

I havent even heard it yet. I know sometimes they pop up pretty cheap on Ebay. I just need to snag one next time. :x

Mailman1971 said:

I havent even heard it yet. I know sometimes they pop up pretty cheap on Ebay. I just need to snag one next time. :x
You know it's the right thing to do!!!

jmgman70 said:
Mailman1971 said:

You know it's the right thing to do!!!
Jason.....you are PURE EVIL!!! :twisted:
I am sure I will get one sooooooooon!! :D

The end is never near!Hey Dan I just got home from the LA amp show and well you know!!!Glad I left the cards at home!!!

Its really really REALLY bad......I want to score a ENGL SOOO BAD!!!
The G.A.S is gettting to me......cant BREATHE....hahaha
But the Lynch Box is the MOTHER SHIP!!!
really kicks @SS!!!! 8)