Generel questions (BIAS and voltage)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mekki

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the MTS series and i'm thinking about buying a RM 100.

The only thing that confuses me is the BIAS thing. i don't know anything about that. What is it? what do i have to do with it? do i need to adjust that every now and then? can I do this or do i need a pro?

the other question:

I watched the vids on the randall website. and at the back a switch for different volatages is shown. like 100, 120, 220 and 240 Volts. The guy says that when you have 220 or 240 volts you need to get an adjustment by a electrician. what exactly is this? who can do this?

i don't really have local dealers that distribute Randalls so i would buy one off the internet, so i can not talk with dealers about that.

any help woule really be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the world of MTS. Biasing is basically setting the right voltage for the valves to work correctly. 36mv for el34's. Watch the randall clips and they show you how to do it. So no tech required just a bit of confidence.

To run at 220 240 it requires a fuse change and thats it. I don't know what it's changed to but thats it as well. all should be within the ability of the owner, thats why I bought one of these amps, you can do it yourself and not have to fork out a packet like I did with my old TSL marshall(which are total ***** btw)