JCM2000

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskpsmesane

Reaction score
What do yall think about the TSL Series amps by Marshall. Im looking into the TSL JCM2000 100watt head. Anyone have any experience with it or clips or something?

muskpsmesane said:
What do yall think about the TSL Series amps by Marshall. Im looking into the TSL JCM2000 100watt head. Anyone have any experience with it or clips or something?

I'd look at a Splawn QuickRod before the JCM2000...

http://splawnguitars.com/amps_products.htm

I had to use one of the marshall DSL heads at a recnelt gig. I sounded like a good amp but for metal you need some other pedals to bulk the sound. I had the gain nearly all the way and the bass on full and it still sounded like a tin can. If you play metal then id reckomend , randall,engl,krank,peavey,framus.
cheers

Yeah iv looked into the krank amps. From the clips iv heard on their site, i like the krankenstein more than the revolution. Iv also looked in the peavy 5150s and 6505s. Whats the difference and whats the difference between 6505 and 6505 plus. Also how is the randall solid state head scott ian uses?

If you haven't played a Krank in person, I would before you decide to buy one. In person they sound thin and lack character, kinda like a really loud solid state amp. I would look into the Splawn Quick Rod (with 3rd Gear option) as a much nicer version of a JCM! I've heard those in person too, freaking AWESOME if you want that hot-rodded marshall tone! If I played solely that Lynch/EVH-style music, that would be the amp for me! Here's hoping the Mr. Scary in the M4 covers that sound or I might have to pick up a quickrod eventually! :lol: