Can the Ultra XL sound like an Uberschall?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distortoman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This question is for owners of the Ultra XL module. In your experience witht the module, can the Ultra XL get into the tonal territory of the Bogner Uberschall? Also, is the gain level available in the Ultra XL close to that in the Uberschall? Any feedback/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Distortoman

On another post , evhwolfie , mentions that it sounds just like a "5150II and other high gain amps". I haven't heard the UltraXL so I can't comment.

FM

I have owned both and the Ulra XL has a sound of its own. I have not heard a module yet that sounds like the Uberschal.

The Uberschall has a hot rodded prescence control that alot of people don't know about. If you crank the knob all they way you get an incredible mid boost. It also cuts the highs and lows. Its an awesome lead tone at any volume.

It is an awesome module, tonite I will be putting some sound clips up so check back, but I dont think it it sounds like a Uberschal, alltho it dose sound nice.