KH2 vs Brahma

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kojdogg

Reaction score
Does anyone here have (currently or experience with) both? If so would you give some impressions on the differences?
Thanks!... and sorry if this has already been asked a bunch of times.

the kh2 :twisted: is a pretty sick module. the kh2 :twisted: will have more saturation than a brahma. the brahma will have a much more plexi vibe though. i haven't played both side by side...but you can't go wrong with either module. if you do by chance go for a brahma...friedman has to mod it! it's sick afterwards...

it is more of a taste thing. if gain is your thing, you may not like the brahma unless you put a boost in front of it.

Brahna or Brahma with a boost is the ideal hard rock and vintage metal tone.

KH2 has more gain, saturation and low end...more suited to the heavier side..it has a plexi vibe in lower gain settings but more compressed and low end. KH2 with a boost - watchout! :twisted:

I did not love the Kh2 :cry:

I know I am in the minority ,and it was paired with a Kh100 on a Lynch cab .

To me it was a little loose and woofy on the bottom and dryer .

I did dig the KH1 for cleans and bluesy leads though .

thanks for the input. i'm going to pass and get my brahma modded once another module gets here to hold its seat warm (should be soon :D)

Yeah that Brahma sounds PERFECT for that plexi tone and when the overdrive is in front is when it really SHINES! Great hair metal tone and it nails the Van Halen "Unchained" guitar tone. Very very nice. I liked the KH2 as well but again, they have 2 different voices so the only good answer is get them both! :D
Like Pringles.....cant stop at just one(module that is!)
Very habit forming that MTS is. 8)

Mailman1971 said:
Yeah that Brahma sounds PERFECT for that plexi tone and when the overdrive is in front is when it really SHINES! Great hair metal tone and it nails the Van Halen "Unchained" guitar tone. Very very nice. I liked the KH2 as well but again, they have 2 different voices so the only good answer is get them both! :D
Like Pringles.....cant stop at just one(module that is!)
Very habit forming that MTS is. 8)

yeah seriously-- i just bought a blackface this morning. i record stuff too and just shook the api lunchbox module addiction. at least the mts stuff is cheap by comparison!

I've got the KH-2 in the post, seriously excited !!! 80's thrash heaven !!

I chose the Plexi over the Brahma as it has more gain, plus I'm going to get Pete to mod it soon, sooooooooooooo excited !!

The 2 modules are quite different and compliment each other nicely. I've compared them side by side quite often.

KH-2 - This one I always throw a boost in front and then WOW! Some of the best older thrash tone ever. Bass is tighter than brahma and has more of a thrashy chug. Love it!

Brahma - no boost for great classic to hard rock. Boosted it takes you to hard rock/80's metal territory. The response and harmonics are way different from KH-2. It is more open sounding. It does not have that same luscious bass response of the KH-2, but does it's own thing very well.

In short, get both. Sorry, thats just the way it is! :D

I don't have the KH-2 but I compared it with the KH-3 and Scary. The brahma has a bright, very open sounding feel. The scary and KH-3 sound like great tweaked amps. The voicings have a sort of "studio" quality, as if you were hearing the amp in a post-production setting.

The brahma sounds like a plain regular amp and it's the great things about it. Just like plugging in a good old combo. It does vintage plexi up to 80's metal is you use a booster. I find it also sounds great with single coils for strat based blues/rock. One of my favorite modules so far.