Ordered some KT88's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
I was gonna try some 6V6's but decided to go the other way and order a pair of JJ KT88's. I'm gonna try an integrated quad using (2) KT88's and (2) E34L's. Also gonna try the KT88's with (2) 6L6's as well. Only thing I am unsure of at the moment is how hot I can bias the KT88's without doing anything to the amp. Gonna have to put a call into Randall I guess. Maybe i can email Bruce Egnator. Anyway, I'll post some results after I get them in and running.

That will be awesome man. I was contemplating doing the same thing for a while. Those kt88 clips on the vht were awesome. Hopefully the rm100's poweramp+the tubes can get close to those tones.

metalmm785 said:
That will be awesome man. I was contemplating doing the same thing for a while. Those kt88 clips on the vht were awesome. Hopefully the rm100's poweramp+the tubes can get close to those tones.

That's what I'm thinking. I have an email into Egnater to see if the RM100 can handle the hot biasing. I called Randall's tech support and the guy on the phone had no idea about any of the specs on the amp. If it wasn't listed in the owner's manual he didn't know. Hopefully Egnater will respond because KT88's are not listed in the owner's manual.

No **** man, Randalls support does suck.....I just called them today to find out about the biasing and about some caps they were sending me and outta nowhere the dude told me they don't send parts or sumthing like that......when on monday they gave me a confirmation #. I didn't even feel like asking about the KT88's 'cause he just sounded so outta of it :?

metalmm785 said:
No s*&t man, Randalls support does suck.....I just called them today to find out about the biasing and about some caps they were sending me and outta nowhere the dude told me they don't send parts or sumthing like that......when on monday they gave me a confirmation #. I didn't even feel like asking about the KT88's 'cause he just sounded so outta of it :?

Trust me, I know. The dude I spoke to didn't have a clue. He didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I heard that Egnater has been pretty nice about answering questions on the RM100's so maybe he'll get back to me. He designed them so I'm sure he knows the correct answer. As soon as I hear something I'll post back.

I also ordered 2 KT88's. THey sound really good, better then EL34's (i bought 2, so i have 2 kt88's and 2 el34's :) )

sounds really nice, a little bit darker, cleaner *more gain in pre-amps* so it's really a nice addition to the sound i already had. They are HUGE, btw.

Sweet do u still have the randall stocked preamp tubes in the modules though? I think diezel uses kt88s as well. It wont mess up your amp at all will it?

No they don't mess up your amp. :) it works fine. you only have to remove the silver tube-protection thingy's on the amp, cause the tubes are so big they won't fit otherwise, but you'll find out.