T2 Help(speaker/etc)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbiddenguitar

Reaction score
I love my T2, i really think its a great head. But I cant get my distortion dialed in to keep me happy, i want to blame my speaker......Its a Marshall 1960a speaker with the gt 75's, is this my problem?

using passive guitar, drop c, modern rock sound,

Active pickups help with these amps? , thanks

Why dont you try using an equalizer in the loop like the MXR m-108. If you cant dial in the right tone with that then i dont think anything is really gonna help.

Describe a few tones you're trying to aim for? If you're trying to make a T2 sound like anything other than a Randall I think you've probably got the wrong amp... these amps sound unique!

I think i found my tone. I have been trying to give it the highs it needs. But the marshall cab seems to have a sizzle that drives me nuts... so i always ran the presence down on my t2. I had read on another topic about playing with the mid sweep along with the presence. I dialed the mid sweep back some(always on 10 before) and with presence up higher i think im rockin now. running density 5, pres 6/7

i am running a BBE sonic stomp and effects in the loop,

i just want good punchy tone, rock/hard rock, i like to make all the notes out thanks!

Have you tried it with a different cab?. I run my head pretty middle ground and it sounds great no top sizzle. You may want to look at your guitars aswell s they will have a strong effec on the tonality, the other thing is perhaps try it without the bbe stomp.. There is also the matter of pickups , valves, speaker leads - so much has a strong effect on the sound it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what would be effecting the sound and als what you are going for

ill try it with out the bbe and see what i get. I have tryed it with another cab i have, its a older randall cab that came with my ole randall amp years ago(rh100), that cab has 70/80 speakers. I might try it again, the marshall seems tighter and louder, but the t2 has plenty of headroom on loudness. Id love to hear it through one of the XL cabs, maybe some day lol

I have noticed the diffrence in guitars, can be alot... the guitar i love to play is pretty dark. i think that was why my brain was always keeping the mid sweep to 10 for some reason. now i think im on to something with the settings. thanks

if you want it to sound darker id suggest backing off the mid sweep a bit

let us know how you get on with working the tone out though!

I also own a Marshall 1960A cab , I replaced 2 of the 12T75s with 2 V30s . The V30s break up a lot sooner then the 75s and will add more distortion or OD to the sound .