anybody using...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photios

Reaction score
anybody using a BBE sonic maximizer with their m4 or rm4 preamp? I'd be very curious about the results.

I tried using one with my RM4. It smoothed it out however it added a "processed" sound to my tone that I was not digging. I sold it and haven't looked back. I think the Sonic Maximizer is cool for digital stuff, but I would take all tube any day! :)

Cool...I appreciate the input...I have one and I do use it with my existing rig which is all digital and I do like it (my new M4 and VHT are still a few weeks away from being delivered)...just didnt know how or if I needed it with the new tube stuff...I'll probably try it too, but if it adds a processed feel to the tone I wont use it either...that's what I'm trying to get away from.

I only use sonic maximezer VST plugin when recording from pod etc.
It helps to bring out the track more in your face and clarify things a little.
However imo it suits only for modern metal tones,i.e. rammstein, in flames etc.. not for blues / rock or natural tone..

When recorging with M4, even metal I nerver use sonic maximizer, the balls and definition all comes from M4-VHT2/50/2-4x12 with SM57or Palmer PDI-03. I don't even have to EQ my tracks recorded with M4, cause the input is so good sounding :)

Latest posts