Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangeLand

Reaction score
I've got a 1086 and a Ultra XL on order. I'll post my findings when they get here. :mrgreen:

Got a 1086 coming as well, we can compare notes.

StrangeLand said:
I've got a 1086 and a Ultra XL on order. I'll post my findings when they get here. :mrgreen:

+1........Where did you order the Ultra XL module? I have been looking for one of these but have not been able to find one. Let us know how it sounds or some sound clips would be killer!!

some guy told me that he test the ultraxl module at namm, he says that this module sound like Dimebag :shock:

R.I.P.

I played both at NAMM. The 1086 is "Disturbed" in a little box. Kickin module for sure, but the Ultra XL is by far.....the sexiest high gain tone ever available for the modular stuff. It is absolutely INSANE.

I emailed my Randall rep. Waiting for his reply on the availibilty of the modules.

I can't post clips.
But right now the 1086 is by far my favorite module. (SL,Brwn, Recto)
When I play the other 3 then go to the 1086 I just smile after the first chord. :lol:

IMHO all the modules should have the dual switches like the 1086 it makes it ssssssooo versitile.
I could see using 3 1086 and having 3 complete different sounds.

Oh man, I tried the 1086 today at the store I work at and it's gotta be one of the better sounding preamps. I mean I love em all, but I REALLY like this one. Versitile as hell and incredibly thick sounding. That mid switch knob does make a huge difference and gives it a different feel. To anyone who was thinking about it, if your into high gain tones (whether you like the Dan's tone or not) I highly recommend you try this

Here is a clip I did with my 1086 recently. I am not that sure I like the clip though. But I am posting a link for you guys to hear it though. Keep in mind I have the RM100B with 6L6 power tubes instead of the E34L's.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=477657

You guys have to realize that Strangeland is endorsed by Randall so he can get stuff that ain't ready to hit the streets yet. Let us know what you think of that module once you get it Strangeland. A clip would be nice too once you get it.

Another Randall endorsement guy here. We can't always get them before the general public. Sometimes we can be one of the first to get em when they come out but that depends on the item. We can be subject to the dreaded order backlog too!
:D
~Kurt

Thanks man, it is really 1:19 seconds but for some reason soundclick cut it down to a :30 second clip. They also completely eliminated the other clip I had on there. I am going to start using someone else to host my clips. I might try myspace.

Songman68 said:
Do you mean my amps settings or what I used to record the clip, or both?
How you recorded the stuff... **** it like 02:15 in the night over her and I'm just back from anighjt on the town :lol:

I have a Toneport UX2 that I use as an interface. So I plugged up a vocal condensor mic to it. Then I mic'd up one of my G12T75's up close in a 4X12 cabinet. Set the Gear Box setting on the toneport to no amp at all. Then I launched Guitar Tracks Pro 3 and set my levels and laid it down bro. I did not EQ anything in Guitar Tracks Pro at all. I just left everything flat and used the amps eq to shape the sound. I used a click track as well. First I laid down a track on track 1 panned to the left. Then I laid down a second rhythm track on track 2 panned to the right. Then when I mixed it I panned the left track to the left at about 70%. Then I panned the right track to the right about 70%.