V2 OverDrive Channel HELP!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder0609

Reaction score
Anyone else think this channel is absolutely worth less? Horrible sounding? I finally found a tone I'm happy with out of the Tube O.D. w/ Eq...Any suggestions?

Also, any tips on adding a reverb pedal / Type - Make?

Much thanks guys!

shredder

Randall V2 has its own original sound. If you do not like the nature of Randall guitar amps there is no help for you. Get something else.
You like it or not .... simple.....

I suppose you need Marshall or 6505 .... something commercially ... more usual....

V2 is more in favour of guitarists ho do not play cover songs ....

Cover songs? Just think the SS does not sound as good as the Tube OD; looking for tips for improvement...

If you want a tube amp sound, buy a tube amp.

There's a reason that people still use tube amps despite the invention of the transistor 60 years ago and the integrated circuit 40 years ago.

Consider this: Would people still be making, selling and buying tube amps if they could get the same kind of sound from a solid state amp? Everyone wants a great tone on the cheap. I do too. Tubes are a hassle. But they provide a sound that, to this point, still can't be emulated or duplicated.

My old Randall RG-80 combo was the best solid-state distortion I've heard and it still didn't cut it.

I think it sounds pretty good with the sustain knob (treble) pulled out. Without the sustain it's kinda lame.
Anyway, the Tube O.D. definitely sounds better.
It gets pretty noisy when the gain knob goes over 7, but when I play with the gain on 6 or 7 it is more than enough...Especially when playing at loud volumes.
The amp works very specifically with what it has. It's not really a versatile machine. It is made for metal!

The mids don't have to be be drained out. And the gain doesn't need to be cranked all the way up. The V2 and T2 have a certain sound and need only minor adjustments.

It's not a $3000 VHT or Engl head, but for $800 (used) I get a fucking monstrous sound!!!!(more gain and crunch than my 5150 or marshall,and even Krank)