Lynch Box Noise

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDRockstar

Reaction score
Hey Guys, just got my Lynch Box from TonyMustang(thanks Tony),
However Its seems way nosier than the Palomino I had, and is very microphonic !!!
I am running a noise gate and its still pretty nasty!!
Modules are a Dave Brahma, Dave Scary, and SL + modded by someone, (thanks Zack) and a 1086.

Also wanting to know about running my POD xt for switching the Midi?
5to 7 pin gonna work!!!
Thanks ROCK ON

I had that problem when i tried that head at a practice but i narrowed it down to a preamp tube in my ultra module. Then it screamed and was awesome. Did they pack it well, i told them(UPS store) to put it in another box to make sure it was perfectly safe.

Tony H.

I had the same problem a while back. It was the Pre amp tube closest to the input jack. I swapped them all out and WHAM!! Quiet as hell. :D

Tony, awesome packing job !!!
I will swap some tubes out and give it a go
Thanks All

Same problem. The JJs in V1, V4 and V5 (PI) seemed to start clipping pretty bad too running high gain on the Mr. Scary and Grail modules. I was getting a lot of hum as well. I am running a ISP Decimator G-string. Well today I finally decided to drop my ANOS Telefunken 12AX7 in V1 and put my JAN GE 5751 in the PI. and to quote Emeril "Bam!" where did the noise go? The muddiness is gone as well. Tonal difference is very subtle, but it's the quality of the tone that improved.

I had the same noise problem with my 5150, and applied the same solution there a while back, so I knew it would work.

Noise solved!! I dont think it was the tubes, I run my rig through a Digitech smart vocal harmonizer(which is awesome) checked all cords etc, found a ground lift on the back of it, BOOM !! no more radio mexico!!

So tonight the beast is unleashed !!! I know my other guitarist will envy the box !!!
Pretty good as he has a dual recto and we have a 72 and 73 Super Tremolo sitting in the amp locker !!!!

Will be asking for some midi help soon Im sure.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!
MORE GAIN MORE PAIN !!!!!