• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For sale: Mr scary module!!! ...SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldwing68nv

Reaction score
i am selling a new Mr Scary module.totally mint condition.less than two weeks old and under an hour of playing time on it...$180.00 shipped!!! .........otherwise,the module will be listed on Ebay this friday!!!

Man...that is one of my new favorite modules. I dig it way more than the Grail - it is my main module for leads now.

Snatch it up someone!

I would but I already bought one! :D Good luck with the sale, I haven't been able to try mine out yet but from the sound clips it seems like I'm going to like it a lot!

How does it compare to the 1086? I'm just curious what it has to offer that I may be missing. I just recently purchased a 1086 and can't imagine getting a much better gain.

well.i've played the 1086 a few times and,honestly,it's tone,both recto & marshall types(depending on where the mids-voicing switch is set)doesnt really do much for me.it's a versatile one-does-all module,but i'll take an SL+ and an ULTRA to cover my marshall & super heavy/recto-ish tones hands-down over the 1086,IMO...the Mr Scary is pretty similiar to the SL+ but with a tad more mids and a slightly smoother tone.the SL+,to my ears,has a bit more gain and is a bit raw-er & crunchier in tone!!! if i didnt already have the SL+,i'd definately keep the Mr Scary...

I've been feeling the same way about the 1086 vs SL+. While I can get a pretty good high gain (metal) tone from the 1086 the sl+ just delivers in every aspect for me. I'm in no way disappointed with the 1086 but to me it doesn't surpass the sl+ as a great overall distortion mod. I would recommend the sl+ to anyone.