Pete's 1086 MONSTER

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Well what can I say about it HMMM.

It flat out kills :twisted:

This is my first originaly owned Pete mod, my other is a second hand Mr.Scary and I gotta tell you; that thing is just sick *** hell too. More on that later, right now the spot light goes to the 1086.

The craftsmanship on his work is just prefect, I showed this module to a fellow engineer at work (its were it was sent to) and he was astonished at the quality. VERY VERY PRO PETE. I knew on first look that this 1086 was not the one I sent off, it was a creature from another planet.

So I took it home with great anticipation, I poped it in the RM100 and set it up the way I liked it before I sent it to Pete's monster factory, to my surprise the gain switch to the right was no longer needed, this little switch now produces so much gain that you could seriously peel paint, drywall, framing and house down with it, it is lethal. So I switched the gain back to the left and boy it cleans up with this saturated drive that just sings. Personally I like the gain this way, tight and crunchy, clear and articulate. Tons of gain on this thing just tons.

It is just so versitale to boot, the gain knob now pulls out for a tighter bass responce and pushes in for a sweet singing lead type structure. Very cool.

The mid switch is just insane now, to the left you get that sweet mesa like growl, to the right is that really crunchy death metal shred, reminds me of like NAPALM DEATH or one of those older DeathMetal bandsLOL. Either way both settings are quit useable.

Now there is a pull switch on the LEVEL knob and at high volumes it was hard to distinguish what it actually does, but to my ears and the feel of the module it sounds like it changes the mid freq responce almost giving you the effect that your changing the distortion ratio or dynamics, maybe im describing that wrong, but it reminds me of the way the MESA rectumfieds have the diode switch on them, kinda like that effect.

Any way in conclusion, PETE this module just rules, so clear so clean so mothaheffing BRUTAL. THANKS SO MUCH.

Now I may have to send off my RECTO after hearing INSIGHTIBANEZ's holy crap that thing shreds too.

Im convinced that PETE has the MIDAS touch when it comes to electronics.

Thnaks PETE.

Wow.....reading that reminds me of when I first got his module and I did the same exact thing. Wasnt sure what to expect and was floored by it. I love the "scooped" side and yes it is VERY PLAYABLE. Reminded me of old time Megadeth or Metallica or any 80's THRASH metal. Well when I did the amp chasing I sold off all my MTS in search of something different or Better I thought. The reason being that I had to just KNOW FOR MYSELF even though I was getting some of the best tones ever from my Randall that I had in my whole 25+ years of playing. But I knew that I could always find a home in the MTS again. After a few amps later, Engl Invader and Framus Cobra, I knew I made a mistake. But the curiosity gone......I did a few deals.......scored another RM100 and the 1st module I purchased....the 1086! Contacted Pete right off the bat, even before I had the module in my hands. Did not even try it out stock again. Shipped it right to him the day it came in. Because after having that tone in my hands...I knew what it was. Some people think that SRV has the God tone. OR Eddie has the PERFECT tone....or Hendrix has the PERFECT tone....but for ME?? That modded 1086 is MY PERFECT TONE! So to each his own and that is what makes the MTS such a perfect amp. It can create YOUR OWN TONE! Few little mods here and there and you have such a unique sounding amp that makes it YOU! Sorry to come across like a Spokes person for the MTS but I am a true believer and stand behind this amp and the work that My Man Pete can do to BRING THE TONE to the tabel!! Hope you enjoyed this story and the Movie on it will be out in Fall 2010. :D
Just got carried away when I read the Hunters review. 8)

And all of RANDALLs men and women said "AMEN"

Well spokesman or not bravo, bravo.

You know I thought about getting an ENGL or a FRAMUS but after MAILMANs beautiful display of enthusiasm for the RM100, I think Im right at home with what I have now. 2 RM100s and one of the customized by me. 6 modules that all do something different, I LOVE MY RM100s.

SINGLE BEST AMP TO OWN! I mean for the price of MESA DUAL REC you could have the single most versitle amp in the world. What more could you need? Tell you what; if someone stole my RM100s Id track them down and give them the biggest swirly ever. (cant be to angry these days ppl get all offended) LOL. :twisted:

I traded my powerball for a RM100 and I love it.
My other guitar player is still using his powerball, but I don?t miss mine, not one second !

And I think there is nothing like this Randall-family-forum in the net
:D

Yeah its really cool here. I went thru so many amps the past couple years(**** YOU 'YOUTUBE!!') Everything always sounded so cool on the clips. But after the honeymoon.....MTS is the best. Had a Splawn Nitro, Egnater modded Marshall, Mark Cameron modded Marshall, 5150....etc...list goes on and on. I guess if I played in a full time band....we had one style of music.....I would still be with the MTS! hahaha
Took my modded Recto module out to the music store I hang at. It blew out the Mesa they had there. Pretty funny I thought.
But for jumping around from style to style this amp rules. Great to tweak and loud as hell! I am happy with it and not chasing tones with other amps. Only chasing tones within the MTS. 8)

At one point I thought I needed a new amp, I could not for the life of me dial in a sound that pleased me with the RM100, well it was user error, DUH! I had my density and Presence up to high, I had to much gain going on, and I had the wrong kind of cabs for my sound. I knew what I was hearing in my head but I wasnt able to get it into the RM100. I changed some tubes all around, got a few more modules geared in my direction (funny thing is that what I thought would have worked for me didnt and what i thought would not work for me did!) So after some research on the forums and some careful tweaking I now know that the RM100 is what I always hoped it could be.

When I first got the RM100 I had no clue about modules or anything like that, I thought the idea was cool, but i wanted tube and I wanted versatility, so I got the RM100 and a GNX 4 and ran it in the loop (YUCK). I played this way for years, I had effects, a ton of amp models, and recording all in one, but what i didnt have was tone. So I bought a TS-9 sold me GNX and started farting with the RM100 capabilities (refer to above paragraph). I tried the GNX one more time after my conversion and i was displeased, actually that was durring my seperation with the RM100 so i thought, but something told me to keep trying.

Now I have dialed in so many sweet tons, dialed the right amount of Presence, gain, EQing and Density, Better tubes, PETE mods and V30 speakers and I could not be happier with my amps.

NOTHING IN THIS WORLD CAN COMPARE TO WHAT THE MTS SERIES HAS DONE!! IMHO :twisted:

Right behind you on that one. I had a Crappy cab the 1st couple times I had the MTS amp. FINALLY got a Lynch box cab.....and never looked back. Really really brings the tone! The only thing I run in my loop is a BBE Sonic maximizer 482I and it really is the secret in my tone. Straightens out all the signal and makes it sound like the wet blanket is lifted. But...I was OVER USING it at first and made it sound worse. So all about tweaking and messing with it. The MTS is such a versatile amp. If you cant get killer tones out of this amp.....something is wrong. :D

I did the same thing you did, I bought a BBE 362 NR, It was sweet, but I think I was over using it, I had to much proccess/presence, to much Density/ what ever that bottom end knob was called on it? And same thing on the Rm100 so I was defeating my tone all around, Now I bet if I had that BBe again I would have even better tone.

**** YOU DAN WHY WHY WHY!!! WHIP OUT THE OLE CREDIT CARD AAAAAAGGGGAIN!!! :evil:

I am tellin ya Dustin, That BBE is the SECRET!! Just enough.....over use it....makes it SATURATED and it sucks the tone. But just enough in the loop....Man!! Secret weapon! REALLY REALLY makes that 1086 SHINE!! :wink:

Well Im gonna try one out again. Ill get the newer one the 482I and see what comes of it.

**** it, I know your right on this one too. :twisted:

Yeah that 482I is a killer addition. You will see RIGHT in the 1st 5 minutes! That is what sold me. Had it for the past couple years and would never run a amp without it! :wink:

just arrived today....the Hype is real- Holy Cow! This is soo brutally awesome!

Destroys the EG5 for brutality and gain, unbelievable!

I am telling ya!!! Got mine back today and THANKS PETE!! You have out done yourself this time around! Will give my full "Mailman" review this weekend once we get a jam session under our belt. But I know tone....and BROTHER.....you have BRANG IT to the table!!!! 8)

crankyrayhanky said:
just arrived today....the Hype is real- Holy Cow! This is soo brutally awesome!

Destroys the EG5 for brutality and gain, unbelievable!
I tried to tell ya last time Ray.......... :D
Isnt that JUST THE BEST?!?!?!
SLAYS/KILLS any other metal amp out there!!!
Danno is out........ 8)