Battle of the Brootalz........Pete Recto vs. Pete 1086

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred-o-holic

Reaction score
Let's hear it......I suppose I'm even further lathering up the Pete 1086 hype......those of you who have played both....kindly bring it!!

Who pwns who?

:twisted: :twisted: 8)

OH COME OOOOON! LOL

Well I have tried both and I can tell you this.

The Monster 1086 (its what i call it now) Is just that; a monster for tone, gain and volume. It is significantly higher in volume than my other modules where before it was lower, whatever pete did fixed that issue.

The Recto is just that a Dual Rec. pound for pound it out weighs any REC ive played, Im not a big RECTUMFIER fan but his Recto just spells doom.

Never tried side by side but maybe this week ill get the Recto from insightibanez and try it out.

All in all they are very different animals from one another but I think that with a little tweaking you could get real close on both, but still would not even be the same.

If you want a modern Rectified sound then the RECTO tops the competition.
If your looking to get the crowd to go "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" then the 1086 will get you beyond that.

My 2 dollars worth.

And thus the 1086 hype is lathered up some more........ :shock: :lol:

I guess I better saddle up and wrassel one.... :p

To me....that modded 1086 sounded like my Engl Invader when the FULL side was being played and the SCOOPED side sounded like the Framus Cobra. So OVERALL....I would take the modded 1086!! Simply killer...... :shock:

Mailman1971 said:
To me....that modded 1086 sounded like my Engl Invader when the FULL side was being played and the SCOOPED side sounded like the Framus Cobra. So OVERALL....I would take the modded 1086!! Simply killer...... :shock:

Amen to that brother!! :wink:

jebus guy's , i usually don't get dragged in on any kind of hype , but come on with the 1086!!!
.. i'm starting to want to hear this thing LIVE in front of me !!!

That is the way that you will TRULY feel how kick *** this module is. When I bought that one off Pete last year, I was thinking "well I like the stock 1086 so the modded one must sound better a little" Not just a little....LIKE A DIFFERENT MODULE! VERY VERY KICK @ss Metal tone! Everyone that heard it when we play tells me its the BEST TONE they have ever heard from a live jam session. And I have owned ALOT of amps my friends. Take a chance......you wont regret. :twisted:

I played it last night for the first time with my drummer, (insightibanez) and the 1086 just SHREDS fellas, absolutley SHREDS. I got that thing so loud i was drowning out the drums LOL. Its a beast, a monster, an alien from another world its ............

A 1086

I love all my modules, I really do.

But hands down the 1086 is just such a tone monster, a shred demon, a gain pirate. Its just flat out the singel best module to own. You can get pretty much any rock to metal tone and a few other genres out of one module.

If I had to answer the "PICK ONE MODULE" question again, Id be putting the 1086 as my one single module. I would sooner let a few modules go then let the 1086 leave my arsenal. Its just insane what it does now.

Sorry im ranting arent I? :twisted:

TheHunter said:
OH COME OOOOON! LOL

Well I have tried both and I can tell you this.

The Monster 1086 (its what i call it now) Is just that; a monster for tone, gain and volume. It is significantly higher in volume than my other modules where before it was lower, whatever pete did fixed that issue.

The Recto is just that a Dual Rec. pound for pound it out weighs any REC ive played, Im not a big RECTUMFIER fan but his Recto just spells doom.

Never tried side by side but maybe this week ill get the Recto from insightibanez and try it out.

All in all they are very different animals from one another but I think that with a little tweaking you could get real close on both, but still would not even be the same.

If you want a modern Rectified sound then the RECTO tops the competition.
If your looking to get the crowd to go "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" then the 1086 will get you beyond that.

My 2 dollars worth.

"The Recto is just that a Dual Rec. pound for pound it out weighs any REC ive played, Im not a big RECTUMFIER fan but his Recto just spells doom."

RECTUMFIER, LOL!!!!! :lol: