New V2 owner, and I have an issue...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwright

Reaction score
I bought this amp from a guy who has posted on this very forum and a bad V2 he had...He ended up sending the bad V2 to Randall, and after 5 months they just sent him a new one...He never played the new they sent him (after a quick run through to make sure it worked) and then boxed it back up...So, I acquired this amp from him in a trade, and it gets here and there is an unnatural hum going on in the amp. It sounds like a ground loop or 60 cycle hum or something. Also when you touch the little metal switch to change from loose to tight, I get an even louder hum...I'm super annoyed about the situation...has anyone else had this problem.

Here's a little vid clip to show what I'm talking about. If you can see, I had the gain on halfway, channel volume on the TUBE OD channel at 9:00, master at 9:00. The buzz is easily audible, as is the louder lower pitched buzz when I touch the metal switch...

http://geetarguy.tripod.com/v2.mov

Sorry to hear that man. if the V2 is like My G3 and XL cab then it does have a Ground switch on the head and cab I had a really loud hum like that but as soon as i lifted both the head and cab i lost the noise straight away.