Stock BRAHMA owners....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hey everyone.....just received my BRAHMA (Yeaaaaaaah!), and noticed that both pre tubes were T-Sol 12AX7's (...this is a good thing...) :wink:

Did yours come with the same pre's? ...just asking because EVERY one of my mods were loaded with JJ's until this one...

Pedro

I've seen 3 brahmas and all were loaded with the High Gain graded 7025/12ax7. Not sure on brand but they're not JJ

The Tung Sol is a great tube :)

JKD said:
I've seen 3 brahmas and all were loaded with the High Gain graded 7025/12ax7. Not sure on brand but they're not JJ

The Tung Sol is a great tube :)

They are indeed a great tube! :D .... Thanks JKD!

Bought new.... I could have waited but by the way everyone was talking about, no one was really looking to offload one used :roll: :lol: ... I don't mind getting SOME of them at full pop. $259 US....got it from Cali.

Mine came with JJs. They just didn't have enough gain on tap and were too dark. I replaced them with a Tung Sol 12AX7 in V1, and a Shuguang 12AX7 (White Marshall label left over from the JVM), and those two pushed it to where I wanted.

Pedro said:
Bought new.... I could have waited but by the way everyone was talking about, no one was really looking to offload one used :roll: :lol: ... I don't mind getting SOME of them at full pop. $259 US....got it from Cali.
That's cool it came with the TSs I'm not a big JJ preamp tube guy!!TSs seem to have great gain and good rich tones!!!

Yeah....Like Julia stated, too dark with the JJ's. I was happy to open it up and see the TS's there. I'll do like the rest of my mods and place a c8 or Penta12AX7 in v2. The seems to be the sound I most prefer.

This weekend, I'll experiment with the gain, mod vols and master a bit more at the higher vols to see what I get out of it.

Mine just shipped in from Randall - came with two JJ ECC83S. Sounds great as is, but I got a bunch of other tubes to swap in - even a few of the coveted EI 7025's.

In fact all four of modules and my RM4 chaisis I got from Randall since January 2009 had JJ's. They still sound dam fine - but the time is nearing for some modding and tube swapping.

Mike

I got my Brahma when it was first release and it came with Tung-Sol 12ax7 but resently replaced them with EI 7025`s... added a bit more gain & bite 8)

Pedro, Did you try the Brahma out with a Over drive pushing it? I use a modded Boss SD-1 with the Level cranked and the gain all the way off and tone about noon. It makes that Brahma JUMP TO LIFE!! I love that **** module! :wink:

I recenty picked up a Monte Allums modded SD-1. Sounds fabulous infront of the Brahma. I run this pedal on the TS-808 + standard gain mode with the level at 100% and gain at 5%. It just gently nudges the Brahama and that gentle push just makes the Brahma sound mean! The OD takes away some low end, adds a bit of mids, sizzle, grit and sustain I am getting very very convining Lay it Down and D. Dokken Up From the Ashes tone with this SD-1+Brahma.

My other modules have been benched!

Mike
Pedro, Did you try the Brahma out with a Over drive pushing it? I use a modded Boss SD-1 with the Level cranked and the gain all the way off and tone about noon. It makes that Brahma JUMP TO LIFE!! I love that **** module![

MikeT said:
I recenty picked up a Monte Allums modded SD-1. Sounds fabulous infront of the Brahma. I run this pedal on the TS-808 + standard gain mode with the level at 100% and gain at 5%. It just gently nudges the Brahama and that gentle push just makes the Brahma sound mean! The OD takes away some low end, adds a bit of mids, sizzle, grit and sustain I am getting very very convining Lay it Down and D. Dokken Up From the Ashes tone with this SD-1+Brahma.

My other modules have been benched!

Mike
Pedro, Did you try the Brahma out with a Over drive pushing it? I use a modded Boss SD-1 with the Level cranked and the gain all the way off and tone about noon. It makes that Brahma JUMP TO LIFE!! I love that **** module![
Mike,
funny thing...that is the same modded SD-1 I am using and EXACTLY where I keep my settings on the pedal!! Isnt that just the BEST SWEET tone you can get out of that Randall? And......if you crank the gain "slightly more " on the pedal you can get into the Iron Maiden / Heavier Hair metal tones. But I use the Friedman Hairy Brown eye when I want to get in them waters! But the pushed Brahma is in a class by itself. 8)

Too cool Mailman.

I have had the pedal a couple weeks and have just gravitated to the Brahma with those settings and have been there ever since. Seriously, I could toss all my other modules out the window and run my RM4 with three empty holes and be happier than a pig in **** with just the Brahma and Allums GT modded SD-1 :D

Mike

+1000 on that! It is just the "perfect" tone to do about anything! Not 'too heavy' but gets down and dirty! That is my "Motley Crue/Whitesnake" Era module. really dont get much better than that!!
But the BOOST with the SD-1 is the key! :wink: