Grail or Mr. Scary?? Need Advice.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmilliner

Reaction score
Hi, I am watching two modules on Ebay. I really want an SL+ to get that JCM sound, but none to be found used, I hear that the Scary is like an SL+ modded up a bit, and that the Grail was similar to a Recto/ treadplate.

I already Have a Recto, Plexi, 1086, Tweed and Ultra.

Which one, or do I buy both and sell the Recto??

Thanks I need quick advice only about an hour left on the auction.

PS: There is one other bidder, if I am bidding against someone else on here, let me know and maybe we can each take one instead of driving the price way up for both of us.

tsmilliner said:
PS: There is one other bidder, if I am bidding against someone else on here, let me know and maybe we can each take one instead of driving the price way up for both of us.

That would be me. I've bid on both and have high bid on the Scary right now, but I could certainly learn live with a 'mere' Grail. ;)

Only problem is, I've already put in a slightly higher auto-bid for the Scary, so you would have to go up more to take the crown, so to speak.

I'm writing from a store right now, but hope to check back in a few. Let me know if you have your heart set on one or the other, and I won't put up a fight.

hey there ,

Scary is great for the modded Marshall Soldano thing.
they go 299 for new so $180-200 is ok

we only have about 5 mins so let me know pretty quick. I really don't want them both after knowing I can mod my Recto.

dude, the auction is over. I did not bid again since I never heard back, and really didn't want to snag both and drive price even higher. If you were serious, maybe we can get with the owner and do a swap before he ships. I will pay you the difference betwen the grail and the Scary.

Let me know.

Never mind, I didn't even win the other one. That sucks. If someone else on here swooped in and snagged without saying anything....

Really sorry, TS. The person in front of me just got off the computer. (public connection @ Micro Center)

If the Scary arrives and I don't totally fall in love with it, I'll give you first dibs at a re-sale. Or maybe a trade? I'm definitely in the market for a used Recto to have modded.

edit: btw "TS" stands for "tsmilliner", not "tough $#!%" !! :O

Hey man, I appreciate it. I knew what you meant. Let me know either way how you like it. I am going to score either a scary or an SL+ modules eventually :)

I'll just keep watching.

May be time to start seeing what it takes to get the Recto modded. That might quell my gear thirst a bit.

Didn't see this post until now, but I also bid on the Grail. If it's any consolation, I didn't win it either.