Line6 POD XT Pro for effects with my Lynchbox?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TORMENT FAKTORY

Reaction score
Just bought Trendkill's Lynchbox (Thanks again dude! This MFer screams!). I want to use my Line 6 POD XT Pro as an effects processor, but I've never run a rack effects processor with an amp before. I thought the best way would be to run a line from the send on the effects loop down to the line level input on the analog level input in the back of the Line6 and then a line from the effects send (left mono) back to the effects loop return. No dice. I then took the instrument cable coming from my guitar and plugged it into the Line6 unit instead of the input on the head. It worked, but I couldn't do anything with the channel selector. It would switch channels, but there'd be no change at all in the tone. How do I do this?

Hey Nathan,
I have had the same problem, I was trying to get a good tone out of my POD XT live, I tried every configuation, to no avail.
It just really killed the tone of my Lynchbox, do an A-B straight and with the POD.
It is night and day for me, so I am moving on from the POD , and have an intel;lifex on the way.If that doesnt work, a few pedals and Im done !!!
The PODS are good units but just suck way too much tone for my taste.
Unfortuneatley It sounded like I took a heavy wool blanket off mf cab when I unplugged the Line 6 !!
God Luck !!

An intellifex is a GREAT bang for the buck processor. A used Gmajor is more expensive but a good way to go also.

Pete

Nathan,

I just setup my rig and I'm using a Rockton Xpression in the parallel loop and it sounds frickin phenominal!!

Johnny

The PODs are great for an all around sound but in conjunction with an amp if you just want effect is a no go. You need something the will turn off everything other than the effects in the unit. Something like the Digitech RP1000 has the amp modeling section but you step on 1 button and it turns everything off other than pure effects. You can still use the thing if you want to go direct to the studio and then just effects easily with any amp. Its actually pretty high tech as far as a switching system. Its basically the floor version of the GSP1101. Only difference really is no midi and no effects trail(overlapping) that the GSP1101 has. Check it out on the Digitech website.

I use my BOSS ME-70 right into the input on my RM100KH and RM50 like I did before with my solid state amps. I'm going to admit that I thought I could do away with most of the effects on the pedal once I got the KH head but I'm so spoiled by the tone I get out of the BOSS that I just use the Blackface module or even better my KH-1 module on the heads and I'm very happy with the tone. I know its sounds stupid but I know a lot of members in here use some kind of boost or distortion pedal for added tone. I never have the chance or need to crank my heads so I need that low end tone of the pedals to get what I want. I may also be one of the people that just likes processed tone from a pedal and thats what I like and thats what matters. I'm going to have to say that anyone that has a nice Multi pedal has been a bit let down by any unmodified module MTS when they first got it?

schlagdog said:
Something like the Digitech RP1000 has the amp modeling section but you step on 1 button and it turns everything off other than pure effects. You can still use the thing if you want to go direct to the studio and then just effects easily with any amp. Its actually pretty high tech as far as a switching system. Its basically the floor version of the GSP1101. Only difference really is no midi and no effects trail(overlapping) that the GSP1101 has. Check it out on the Digitech website.

+1 on these Digitech units. Great sound, flexible routing, smart features, etc. etc. Easy to program, too.

Gmajor here.....switiching and all with an FCB1010....works on my Splawn, my RM20, and soon my Rack rig.

Mr. Old School here....

I use pedals exclusivly.
RMC Joe Walsh Wah
Boss DD-3
Boss Super Phaser
Fulltone Full Drive II
Boss GE-7

At my last show, I used the Wah pedal twice, the Phaser once, the GE-7 once and the Full Drive 5 times. (the delay is used for one song and we didn't play it that night)
I have no reverb unit, but I'll get over it. :lol:

Pure guitar tone is what I like.
The RM 100 is oozing with it!
When you have tone this good, why would you want to interfere?

My 2?