1086 with gold face

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kindt

Reaction score
I got a 1086 with a brushed gold face. All I see anywhere else is a black face. Anyone know how the hell I got gold one and what the difference is?

That Bald guy in Disturbed is Willie Metal Wonka and you just got the golden mod- now you're in the band!

crankyrayhanky said:
That Bald guy in Disturbed is Willie Metal Wonka and you just got the golden mod- now you're in the band!

That Bald Guy is a complete ******* in person. I will never support that band ever again. Dan Donegan is awesome, but david dramen is a complete fucktard.

+1 on pix

Bought brand new, from sealed box.

1086-1.jpg

1086-2.jpg

1086-3.jpg

The lettering is white, the trim around the knobs is dark blue, and all of the lettering is printed on, not stickers or anything, the LED is very bright blue also.

The screws on the board are silver. Everything else about it 'seems' the same as the standard 1086, other than the fact that it has a gold face and a pair of electro-harmonix "made in russia" 12ax7eh tubes in the thing. Sounds Killer!!! Probably one of my favorite modules.

tonymustang302 said:
Yea for real....What if you really did get one of the willy wonka ones. What if they let you tour the factory, and build your own amp?

:lol:

James Kindt said:
Bought brand new, from sealed box.

1086-1.jpg

1086-2.jpg

1086-3.jpg

The lettering is white, the trim around the knobs is dark blue, and all of the lettering is printed on, not stickers or anything, the LED is very bright blue also.

Awesome

A factory tour would be really fun! I just want to know if there are any more of these in existance! If anyone has a schematic for the 'standard' 1086 I would love to compare them to this one to see if it is any different.

I don't have a schematic, but I do have a stock (to the best of my knowledge) blackface 1086 at home. I could put up some pictures later, if you like.