LYNCH, KOTZEN, GILBERT SHOW

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDRockstar

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Saw the first show of the"Guitar Generation Tour" in San Diego Last night.
Dont miss it, it was awesome !!!
Heres the skinny on tones and rigs !!
First of all George had 2 stacks, bottom cabs turned backwards(Marshall)
miced, 2 Lynchbox cabs, top, not miced. 2 Lynchbox heads HOWEVER!!!
One head had only one module in it, Grail, The second only had two modules, a Grail and Brahma, 3 empty spaces????
I didnt see them switched all night, both on Grail, BUT his tone was kind of thin, compared to the others, more on them. To my ears, It really sounded like an old plexi, maybe his 68, and not paticularly pushed either, maybe the telecaster with the single coil had something to do with it !!! Who am I to question just my opinion !!! They closed the curtain before they broke down his rig !! SHEEEIIITTT
Gilbert had the best sounding rig, a Marshall v/m head and combo, and an assload of awesome sounding pedals !!! Even sounded better thatn Kotzens 3 k Cornford.
Gilbert was the most awesome !! WOW !!!
DONT MISS THIS SHOW!! They closed with all of them playing about 8 covers from the Doors, to Frampton, Travers, Stones NICE !!
Just my humble opinions, all these guys are in a different universe than I am !!
Still dig MY Lynchbox the most out of 10 or so amps in the locker !!!
CHIME IN !!! rock on !!!

Unfortunately George is not using his MTS gear. He had someone clone his 68 plexi, and is using that with a couple pedals, the amp as usual is on 10. The only reason I know is because I know the person who cloned the amp. I can't give anymore details but I have had the chance to hear the difference in the marshall and the MTS stuff and the randall is by far a better sound much fatter and bigger. I look forward to seeing that show though sounds awesome.

I knew it !!! My ears are getting pretty good these days !!!
I have a 73 super tremand 75 JMP, I use my Randall !!!

I hear that they will be coming to mid western Canada... I got my fingers crossed that they come close to Calgary!!!

Gilbert is pretty awsome, hell so is Richie!

This doesn't surprise me about Lynch. When I talked with customer support about some stuff I found he wasn't using his "Mr. Scary". Then I saw a video where he's got an old Plexi again. So this show doesn't surprise me. I'm just waiting to see another SLO on the stage. He changes his gear about as often as we change guitar strings.

I got a SL+ module a few weeks ago and of all of my modules, it's the only one I'm using. I've put different combinations in the box, but I keep going back to the SL+. It's got the sound I've wanted since day one.

Im with you on that one!!
Ive got an SL, df Scary and Brahma !!
Know what my main rythm tone is, You guessed it SL with the c3 cap mod!!!!!