Extreme Module Modification? Onboard Effects?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
I was peeking into the idea of doing some pedal mods and building some custom pedals and started thinking...

Would it be possible (since I have little to no experience with these sort of mods) to build a simple "chorus" circuit and install the mod to a clean module so that the chorus circuit is actually installed onto the mod (or on a riser board that's attached to the mod).

I realize there is little to no room on the module for extra controls, but what about replacing some of the knobs with smaller ones to allow for a little more room? Not sure if it's even possible, but I think it would be awfully cool to try.

Anything is possibe. You could actually tap into the 5v or 12v regulators to power up the chorus effect. My only concern would be space. With the space alloted I would guess that you could only fit a crappy chorus effect. Next would be space on the front plate. (I woud assume that Rate/Level controll would be needed as a minimum, but I would also like a on/off chorus selector too, also a true bypass... ahh the list of features is never ending)

FM