MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Randall Customer Service Contact Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unconventional
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I odered a 1086 module and midi foot switch and midi cables from them today. Like $380.00 worth of stuff.

Two minutes later I call and try to change the 1086 to an ultra. Guy says "computer wont let him"

I say "did it ship 2 minutes ago?"

No sir, but I can't change it, call back in 1 hour. I call in 1 hour a lady deletes the 1086 off the order and adds a ultra as a 2nd order with the same shipping (overnight)

So I don't trust her. I call back an hour later. ultra module was deleted from the order but my bank was charged $380

So I call back again and a 3rd person adds the ultra module and charges my bank again and now I'm charged the initial $380 and $209 for the ultra which runs my bank account negative. I'm going to be getting a $50 service charge from the bank for this.

On top of this, I was promised multiple times that I would get an email about the order. 3 people told me that. I go to the website about 20x today and check the order. Nothing about an ultra module, just the original screwed up order.

I spent and I'm not lying, 3 hours on the phone today with them. I ordered my Power amp RT2-50 from sweetwater. They got the order in and I'll have it tomorrow.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ,ever ,ever ,ever order anything EVER again from Musicians Friend.

Kevin
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
SacredGroove
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered getting all black faceplates, but was gun shy because of stories of orders taking weeks/months to ship. I ended up ordering a few from Randall (US Music) and from the time I called to order to the time I received the faceplates was less than a week.

I feel good about ordering direct now. Sorry to read all the horror stories.
drummerguy1010
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unconventional wrote:
I odered a 1086 module and midi foot switch and midi cables from them today. Like $380.00 worth of stuff.

Two minutes later I call and try to change the 1086 to an ultra. Guy says "computer wont let him"

I say "did it ship 2 minutes ago?"

No sir, but I can't change it, call back in 1 hour. I call in 1 hour a lady deletes the 1086 off the order and adds a ultra as a 2nd order with the same shipping (overnight)

So I don't trust her. I call back an hour later. ultra module was deleted from the order but my bank was charged $380

So I call back again and a 3rd person adds the ultra module and charges my bank again and now I'm charged the initial $380 and $209 for the ultra which runs my bank account negative. I'm going to be getting a $50 service charge from the bank for this.

On top of this, I was promised multiple times that I would get an email about the order. 3 people told me that. I go to the website about 20x today and check the order. Nothing about an ultra module, just the original screwed up order.

I spent and I'm not lying, 3 hours on the phone today with them. I ordered my Power amp RT2-50 from sweetwater. They got the order in and I'll have it tomorrow.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ,ever ,ever ,ever order anything EVER again from Musicians Friend.

Kevin

Yeah, I too have nearly had it with them. I've found that emailing their management directly usually seems to get the ball rolling, but even then its still iffy. I placed an order w/Sam Ash on other stuff but they were almost as bad because they ship FedEx and the FedEx guy wouldn't leave my package at the door. 2 days in a row I got notes saying they made an attempt to leave the item. Luckilly the 3rd day was a Saturday and I was home to recieve it, which was a good thing too, because there was a huge sticker on the box that said something to the effect of after the 3rd attempt, ship back to sender. Yay...

American Music supply is next on my list to try.

I guess I could go to Guitar Center, but havent had the best of luck with them either.
unconventional
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO DO NOT GO TO GUITAR CENTER. If you order online, you'll be waiting weeks.

Call sweetwater and talk to don burleson. He'll place your order and make sure sh*t doesn't get screwed up.

They are out of stock right now with Randall stuff, but are getting a ton of stuff in.

Doug was just there last week doing a demo of the RM-4 stuff.

Tell him Kevin Farrell sent ya Twisted Evil
drummerguy1010
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, i'll keep that in mind. Smile
unconventional
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason sweetwater is cool is because they put candy in the boxes they ship Rolling Eyes

I say keep your candy because it's more of a mess I have to clean up when I'm dismantling all the trash that comes in the box, but that's just the prick I am Laughing

No, what's cool is you deal with one guy. You need something, you call. Plus they don't have that 24 hour hold bullsh*t that Musicians Friend, Music 123 and GC have.

Ever wonder why your sh*t does not go out the same day you order it? Because they place a pending transaction on your account while they check up on you to make sure that they don't lose an extra penny.

Plus they don't have to tax out their shipping department while this is happening. However I'm a bastard. If I order something, I want it out the door that day, no excuses.

I made Don aware at the get go of these problems and sweetwater does not use the corrupt system that MF , Music123 and GC have. Nobody will ever tell you about this security hold because most people just order something and go off into la la land for weeks and don't care. I got the patience of a Mountain Lion Evil or Very Mad that has not eaten in a month.

So I order something and Don gets it out the door that day. I actually get an email, unlike MF, M 123, and GC. Sometimes you get an order and ship confirm from MF, M 123 but NEVER from GC. I used them all. They all suck. They tell you "the security hold is for your protection sir" BULLSH*T, it's so they don't lose a red cent, they don't care about you.

Don cares. He makes money off what he sells you, so it's in his best interest that you are satisfied. Plus they actually don't lie to you about what's in stock. I've gone to MF and ordered something that was "in stock" and 24 hours later I check the order and it says "backordered" even though explicidly in the cust notes of the order it says from me "any problems, out of stock, etc... please call (cell phone)

Never once do I get a call. Don has called me about 5 times since I got my stuff and actually knows about the products he deals with. Sweetwater is a class act outfit.

Musicians Friend, Music 123, Guitar Center and WWBW are the BOTTOM OF THE BARREL. BTW, what's up with WWBW (trumpet store) selling guitar stuff.

SWEETWATER 2 THUMBS UP.

Kevin

Last edited by unconventional on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
unconventional
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOFL, I just re read that. What a rant ha? That should be put in a book.
guitarcomet
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unconventional, I have to disagree and set you straight.

First of all, the company policy to wait a day before shipping is for BOTH parties protection.
I got a call from my CC company the day I ordered my Hughes internet system. They wanted to verify the $600 charge. I thought it was strange, but they explained that CC fraud was getting worse and they had to check any unusual charges. (policy)
I don't normally order internet satelitte systems, so naturally, they checked with me to make sure it was a legit purchase.
Did I get bent out of shape about delaying my shipment by a day? Hardly! Rolling Eyes
I can remember a time when Musician's Fiend took DAYS to send stuff out. They are quicker now, but...read on.

Musician's Fiend is usually fine for small items (picks, strings, cables, straps, strap-ons) but big ticket items are notoriously listed as "in stock" when they have none. (It's so they can take your order and rope you in)

American Musical Supply has a mediocre track record with me and poor/upitty customer service. (I've quit using them as a source)

Zzounds was a boon when I found them years ago, but their selection is small/limited and they have had stuff in stock when the website says it's backordered! Even the service dept. will say they're out of stock when you call! A bunch of dummies, if you ask me. Prices are quite good though.

Sweetwater has the nicest service dept. and the most conscientious staff I've ever experienced. However, I recently ordered a SKB pedalboard and within 24 hours, I got a call saying they were fresh out! The sales guy told me that the next shipment (10 pedalboards) were already spoken for but I was on the waiting list to get one from the following shipment. (A 30 day wait)
I wasn't in that big a hurry, so I waited. Then (30 days later) I got another call from Sweetwater. I was told that the next shipment had come & gone. Somehow, my order was overlooked. They assured me the next shipment would be delivered in about 30 days. I canceled and got it at Music123 a week later.
Music123 has had the best overall record of ALL ONLINE STORES I've dealt with. They're not the most knowledgeable, but they ship quickly and have yet to screw up an order. When the site says "in stock" it usually is. Prices are fair and the selection is massive. The website is a bit slow but I'm not in that big a hurry.

I refer to those that can't wait a day for verification as "hot heads". The same kind of people drive 15 miles over the speed limit and flip you the bird for driving 55 mph. But I must remember, they are above the law and deserve special treatment because they're better than everyone else. Rolling Eyes

An update:
I just shipped my RM 100 back for an exchange.
Upon printing the RA, I see that Music123.com IS Musician's Friend!
That's where it's headed for return.
So, for whatever reason...this branch on MF is better.
Why, I don't know.
Balou
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: email Reply with quote

I'm waiting for three replies now, umm thank god the this forum cause like the first user said its like sending the email to yuorself!!!
86 Charvel Strat & San Dimas 1S 2H
Dean MAB1
Boss ME-70,SD-1,RC-2,Sonic St0mp,GT10
Digitech Jamman
Marshall G100RCD H
Crate V212B (Hellatone 60L's) Avatar 212 V30
SeismicAudio 412 (G12 30 MG's)
Balou
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: email Reply with quote

Balou wrote:
I'm waiting for three replies now, umm thank god the this forum cause like the first user said its like sending the email to yuorself!!!

Strike this, I just got a reply. Of course it wasn't a question, it was a part I needed so there was money involved. Im happy tho.
86 Charvel Strat & San Dimas 1S 2H
Dean MAB1
Boss ME-70,SD-1,RC-2,Sonic St0mp,GT10
Digitech Jamman
Marshall G100RCD H
Crate V212B (Hellatone 60L's) Avatar 212 V30
SeismicAudio 412 (G12 30 MG's)
stomp65
RM20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed them Sunday for schematics for the RH200 G2 and they sent them to me on Monday.
I have to say I didn't think I was going to get lucky and receive them because I had read on this forum that they do not respond, I am glad I did not just give up and not email them after reading this.

I think they have great customer service.
Thank you Randall for sending me the schematics I needed.
rlhjr34
RM20

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very satisfied with Randall's customer service. I had the flickering light on my RM100KH and thought it was an issue. Got a quick reply back from them and unsolicited followup emails to see if all was going ok. Very impressed with them.
m0jo
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey unconventional/Kevin,

Did you ask for their names before hanging up?
You should really do that because if you don't they feel like they're not accountable.

If you ask for someones name and you have to call again, you can first: rectify the problem, and second: tell them you want to complain about that employee for F-ing it up in the first place.
Believe me, it gets stuff sorted out way quicker.

Salvation Mods Twinface, Mash-all+, Sloogie, Mu?eca, Shiver (Facelift), modded XTC, stock Recto
Randall RM4 - Randall RT2/50 - Randall RM22
TT-Cabs REX V212

www.sparkplugmusic.nl
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater got me a new 412NXT cab when no one else could...And at a great price and excellent shipping on a heavy item...I admittedly use the place with the best price most of the time though...Zzounds will beat any advertised price almost all the time...I've used all the major internet outlets for years...The only one I've ever experienced a problem with was Instrument Pro...A salesguy on the phone was trying to sell me HIS used mixer when I wanted a new one...He tried to confuse me a bit to think it would be new too -as if anyone would be so clueless...Everyone else has been fine...Maybe my standards are just low...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
c.thep
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is frustrating me beyond belief. I've been actively trying to get my hands on an RM100 midi board for at least 6 months. Since they don't respond to emails, Im forced to deal with the rediculous hold times to get on the phone with someone. And when I do:

-the part I need is not in stock
-they get a new have a new computer system that isn't working
-Every email they said they'd send never got to me.
-No basic questions I asked could be answered
-the person who I need to talk to is gone

So finally I try again 3 weeks ago and could at last manage to put an order in for the midi board. Busted out my debit card, and payed for it. Eric said they would ship it within the next day or two.

Today I call again inquiring about my order that hasn't been shipped. Get put on hold while he checks to see if they can ship out the part or not. Wow.

Says they will ship it tomorrow. I asked if I could get a tracking or delivery confirmation number through email. Do I expect to get one tomorrow? nope.

Literally the worst customer service ever. Great products, but if you ever need help, you're f&(%ed. I genuinely hope USmusic Corp go bankrupt, since they are no help to me anyway. Maybe then will some partially decent management get a hold of Randall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: