MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slodano?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlord1974
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, that is the best name ever...."SLODANO".....love it!

Great tone to boot!
Jerome Allen
RM50

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drewiv is probably sick of hearing me say it...but I really love this Slodano module. Pete did an incredible job with this one. I'd still be pretty happy with the MTS series if this were the only module offered...that's coming from a guy with 30+ modules. Great job Pete.
drewiv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome Allen wrote:
Drewiv is probably sick of hearing me say it...but I really love this Slodano module. Pete did an incredible job with this one. I'd still be pretty happy with the MTS series if this were the only module offered...that's coming from a guy with 30+ modules. Great job Pete.

... never. Although, I would like some time with it. Wink
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it...I need one of these...
Jerome Allen
RM50

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my love for this module played a big part in my decision to go out and get a Soldano SLO100 a few months ago. Although the SLO edges out Pete's mod...it is not by a lot. In fact, I think I will be recording (direct) with Pete's mod instead of the SLO100. I could certainly live with either tone.

Some observations :

a) the Slodano, like the SLO100, likes the gain between 6-7.
b) The Slodano does a pretty good job of cleaning up when the volume is rolled down on the guitar. It might not be quite as good as the SLO100 here...but you have to be splitting hairs to complain about the difference.
c) the SLO100 is a little quieter, though the Slodano is not bad at all.
d) The Slodano has a more "normal" eq. I leave the mids flat and give a slight boost to the lows and highs. Whereas, on the SLO100 I have to crank the bass, leave the mids flat, and cut the highs a lot.
e) Both do a great job of maintaing note definition at high gain...which is VERY important to me.
f) both do a great job of "thumping" some palm muted notes...another important thing to me.
g) both just "cut though" like mad.

I've actually considered talking to Pete about building me a 50 watt 1x12 combo amp with his single channel Slodano circuit in it...something for smaller gigs, rehearsals, ect.

Bottom line is : if you have only $300, get Pete's mod. If you have $3000, get the SLO100 AND Pete's mod.
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome Allen wrote:
Well, my love for this module played a big part in my decision to go out and get a Soldano SLO100 a few months ago. Although the SLO edges out Pete's mod...it is not by a lot. In fact, I think I will be recording (direct) with Pete's mod instead of the SLO100. I could certainly live with either tone. combo amp with his single channel Slodano circuit in it...something for smaller gigs, rehearsals, ect.

Bottom line is : if you have only $300, get Pete's mod. If you have $3000, get the SLO100 AND Pete's mod.

How does the Pete mod stack up against the Salvation Salvado? Do you have any experience with that particular mod. I would like to get the best sound possible. I really like the midrange of the SLO100 it cuts and the lows sound so sweet palm muted. I got a Gigmods Twin a while back and it sounds absolutely clear and big. I have been looking for that perfect SLO tone. You seem very confident in the Pete SLO.
drewiv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
How does the Pete mod stack up against the Salvation Salvado?

Well, I have the Salvado and Jerome has the Slodano. We have yet to put them up head-to-head and have been meaning to do this for some time now. Hopefully sometime soon (maybe after the holidays) we can get this done and report back.
Jerome Allen
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we need to get together to do that comparison. I've heard a lot of great things about the Salvado also.
mfshockey
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe after the holidays we can do Salvado vs SLO100 as well as Mamba vs Cobra?!?!?
drewiv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfshockey wrote:
Maybe after the holidays we can do Salvado vs SLO100 as well as Mamba vs Cobra?!?!?

We can do a lot of fun stuff. We'll have to get that practice spot for a couple extra hours next time and do some head-to-heads with a lot of gear we have. Salvado v Slodano v SLO100. Mamba v Cobra. Anyone have a JCM800 that we know?
mfshockey
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewiv wrote:
mfshockey wrote:

We can do a lot of fun stuff. We'll have to get that practice spot for a couple extra hours next time and do some head-to-heads with a lot of gear we have. Salvado v Slodano v SLO100. Mamba v Cobra. Anyone have a JCM800 that we know?

I'm trying to push Randy to sell his Dual Recto head and get a JCM800 but I'm not sure if it will happen before then. I'll try my best though!

It would be awesome to hear the Soldano mods up against an actual Soldano, that's for sure!
Jerome Allen
RM50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now finally getting around to learning how to use the Ecstasy. So we can do an Ecstasy vs XTC also. I did just recently pick up a JCM800 1x12. It's supposed to be the same amp/preamp as found in the 2203. If we run it into a 2 or 4x12, we can get a taste of the JCM800.
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all from Chicago, so this is a doable thing. Cool...
You guys should get together and jam it up. I'm totally looking forward to your guys results. Sounds like a great time. Very Happy
drewiv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
You guys are all from Chicago, so this is a doable thing. Cool...
You guys should get together and jam it up. I'm totally looking forward to your guys results. Sounds like a great time. Very Happy

We've all gotten together once before. Trying to get it together for another run. We had intentions of doing more amp and module checking, but it just turned into a big jam session. Which was a blast. We do have every intention of getting together and getting these comparisons done. Between us all, we have a lot of neat toys. Very Happy
Shinozoku
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly love to hear a more thorough clip of the Slodano in action Very Happy Maybe dial it in for some thrash, dial it down for some Clapton tones, etc. Smile
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Gigmods Module Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: