Modded 1086 guys, what are you using for your lead module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbause

Reaction score
I've been using a Pete Modern, but its just not cutting it.

I love the tone on that thing alone, but in my band I just can't get it dialed in to the kind of lead/solo tone I want.

My stock modules can't hang, so I'm wondering what everyone else pairs with the Pete 1086.

I just got my NEW modded 1086 back from Pete a couple days ago. Custom '1087' flame face plate(THANKS PETE!!) Best tone I have EVER gotten out of any amp. But my rig is a little wild, but he did wonders with that 1086 and the leads that I can get from that module cut thru even the heaviest Drum and Bass playing. More to follow once I dabble deeper and have a little more time with it. But yes...this thing is a Killing machine. Perfect for the style I play. Heavy, Articulate, Dynamic....and VERY QUIET. I have the **** thing cranked up very loud and ton of gain on it with no squealing or hissing. In 25 years and SEVERAL amp heads. This thing is the BEST YET if you want a good metal tone that is very flexible. Roll the volume down on your guitar and you can plink out some cleaner gain like AC/DC or ZZ top. Then roll the volume up.........BAM! Like a punch in the face.
By the way.....did I mention it sounds great? :D

well.....like the Mailman mod with some more MIDS that adds some BEEF to it. That sound about right Pete? I freaking love it! But...I love the original too. But this is just a HEAVY sounding module.

I concur...I'm tempted to get another one to use for leads, it really is that good and versatile to justify having 2!
For now I'll use the PeteRecto(Orange) or the Pete xtc, I'm not sure yet until I really open it up at band practice

crankyrayhanky said:
I concur...I'm tempted to get another one to use for leads, it really is that good and versatile to justify having 2!
For now I'll use the PeteRecto(Orange) or the Pete xtc, I'm not sure yet until I really open it up at band practice
See?? I told you resistance to the Pete modded 1086 was impossible!!
8)
I love mine and its just the BEST TONE I have gotten out of ANY AMP! My Engl, Splawn, Etc....this thing is the BE ALL END ALL! But thats only if you want a KILLER HEAVY TONE. If not then maybe its not for you! :wink:

crankyrayhanky said:

Pete Orange = :twisted: 8)

crankyrayhanky said:
I told you resistance to the Pete modded 1086 was impossible!!
8)

Yes, and I didn't even like the 1086stock, I thought it was weak...this mod is a BEAST
Thats what I was telling ya! Just got in from Jammin with my band. Man....the Pete 1086 for the last couple hours! I am spent! What a METAL ride! Nothing at all like the stock 1086 is it? This module is in a league of its own! :twisted:

JKD said:
crankyrayhanky said:

Pete Orange = :twisted: 8)

You know it.......but heck I scoop mine and it's sounds great for riffing that way too... 8) :lol:

well, i kick mine into loose mode and boost mode and it is really nice for leads. it cuts through the mix at high volumes really well and retains tone. I'm going to try the Pete xl when I get it. right now I have an xl. they're great because they have that nice saturation and tons of gain which is great if you want to play with a light touch and crush. The pete XTC (old style) is perfect for leads and does sick rythms too. the leads are really liquid and sustainable. Mine sounds like santana if he were heavy metal! I'm not sure how well they'd go together in one song but both are great. Of course the 1086 is a bit more versatile what with all the switches and all. Long live Pete!

-Angel

I've now switched to just using my Blackface adn 1086.
Between the TS808, and volume boost on the RM50, I've got things covered.