M4 on its way

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photios

Reaction score
Bruce shipped my M4 and VHT 2/90/2 on Monday via FEDEX...its supposed to be here on Thursday...I think I'll have to call in sick to work Friday.

Mine's coming today.... and I'm not home to get it! :cry: If they won't leave it, I'm going to have them hold it at the FedEx facility tomorrow and send my girlfriend to go pick it up for me! :D I hope they leave it though.... :?

He must have finished a whole batch of them...I see you're planning to use a 2/50/2 and an Ear Candy with your M4?

I couldnt decide which power amp to get so I bought both a 2/90/2 and a 2/50/2 (I wont keep them both only the one that I think works best for me)...I sold my Ear Candy and I'm going to use my new Marshall 4x12 1060BV with V30's in it...I just cant make the 2x12 thing work for me...i have a G-flex 2x12 also and it just doesnt have the punch and growl of my 4x12.

I'm sure you will without my reminder, but give a report on your new rig when you get a few days to play around with it.

Congrats on the purchase of your new equip...and, have fun on your quest for tone.

Hey photios, yeah the EarCandy cabs just arrived on Monday. I don't have any amps so they've been sitting here taunting me for 3 days now! I'll definately be sure to post some report info on how my rig works. I have a feeling you may like the VHT 2/50/2 better if you're not gigging (or maybe even if you are?). My old rig was an RM4 into a VHT 2/50/2 and run into a Randall MTS cab or the RS125CX cabinet. Both options sounded gigantic and had TONS of volume, with the power amp set on less than half, so I'm sure it could handle gig volumes without issue. The 2/90/2 will have more thump however I think, as with most power amps, you only get that nice saturated sound the higher the volume is raised. I would never use an attenuator on something like this, so for me, the 2/50/2 will do nicely! :wink:

You sold your EarCandy cab? Any reason? I've heard great things about them and have really been looking forward to mine, just curious why you sold yours. I saw you said the G-Flex didn't have the punch of a 4x12, but from what I heard the porting on the EarCandy BuzzBombs was superb and actually did give you that THUMP of other cabs like the Mesa and Bogner cabinets. What speakers did you have in it?

I went with a mix of speakers that would be best for metal (1 Swamp Thang and 1 Wizard in each cab, with the two cabs run stereo I can create an "X" pattern like the Bogner Uberkabs!) so I'm hoping that might help. Sometimes all you need is the right speakers to make a HUGE difference! I have a Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab with an original 200 watt EVM-12L speaker in it that sounds like a big 2x12 cabinet. I spoke with Tim Paulsen one day about the Thiele cab and apparently Tim took a course or two from Mr. Thiele, so he understands how the acoustics work (another reason he went with porting on his 2x12s) in a cabinet very well. Anywho, enough babble from me, I'll let you know how my setup works with the EarCandy cabs and everything. :D

Hey guys,

Congrats on the new gear! I found that the low power volume in both VHT sizes is nearly the same. It isn't technically a half power on the 2-90-2; it feels more like a 1/4 or at least 1/3. You guys are going to be in gear heaven. I too am going to be sick on Friday as my CD is finally shipping from Diskmakers, then straight to the distributors! I've had some cool gear show up that nearly kept me up at night, but this one takes the cake. Anyway, we'll all have one big cross-country psychic gear music fest together!

John,

Congratulations on the CD...I've been admiring your work thru your HW website over the past month or so.

What are you guys using for effects with the M4? I got a G System a few weeks ago...I hope I can make it all sync up OK.

I was planning on using my Pod XT Pro but I had to sell it (it's on eBay right now, along with my FBV Shortboard and Parker Nitefly-M) to help pay for the VHT 2/50/2 since I bought it last minute. I have a dedicated floorboard with pedals, you can see them in my signature. :D

photios said:
John,

Congratulations on the CD...I've been admiring your work thru your HW website over the past month or so.

What are you guys using for effects with the M4? I got a G System a few weeks ago...I hope I can make it all sync up OK.

Thanks for the intereset in our music. I use the Eclipse and a Lexicon G2. I use a couple different synths and samplers - hardware and software, but they are applied sparingly. Violin was run through the M4 Erect (I couldn't believe he choose that module, but that's what he liked the most...)

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if bruce egnater is recommending the VHT poweramps with the M4? it seems everyone is going with the VHT over the Randall RT250, is there any reason for this? would the difference be huge?

Latest posts