Randall RG75 G3 Plus HUMMING SOUND

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonsaceme21

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just bought a Randall RG75G3 Plus amplifier and as soon as I turned it on, there was this crazy loud annoying humming sound coming through the amp. Is there a way to get rid of this humming sound without buying a noise suppressor pedal. I mean I even get the humming sound on the clean channel. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

hallstevenson said:
Does it change if you're guitar is plugged in or not plugged in ?

No the humming sound is still there regardless if the guitar is plugged in or not.

i have on of these amps, and i do not have this problem....the amp does have ALOT of gain "hiss", but my clean channel is perfectly quiet. there is a "GND-LFT" switch on the back of the amp. if you have a bad ground in your house (or wherever it's plugged in) it will cause constant humming or buzzing. also, i noticed in my bedroom when i plugged it in there was a humming noise, and it only happened when the light was on. certain lights or other EMF sources will interfere with any amp too, so maybe move it into another room and see if it goes away?? also, try switching the GRD-LFT button to see if that helps.