compare 1086 and Mr Scary

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
Hey there ,

Ive pretty much narrowed down my choice to an rm4 I like the Blackface for clean, probably the XTC for solos.
what is the differce between Scary and 1086 for rythm playing .im curious cause i like the SL+ but found it a little muddy in the low and thin in the top end. It seems like the scary and 1086 both come from the SL+ platform and voicing. which is better for *80s type hard rock Soldano, VHT type tones. whait is the difference in the mids?

thnx

I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow sir! :lol: I have both loaded in my Egnater M4 and my VHT 2/50/2 is sitting outside my house right now, so I'll be testing them out back to back tonight! :wink: SWEEEEEET! 8)

I dig them both. I disagree on the lead module though, but that is just my opinion.

I personally use the Mr. Scary for most of my leads now and the 1086 and the Modern for my main high gains.

The 1086 can get some tones close to the Mr. Scary, but the Mr. Scary has a pretty unique tone of itself which I can't quite replicate with my SL+ or my 1086.

Now keep in mind though the 1086 has alot more versatilty when it comes to tones since there is an extra voicing switch that helps differentiate it from the other Randall modules out so far. It is a really great module because of this feature. But I really like both of them and use them constantly in my setup along with my BF and my Deluxe for cleans (I run the Deluxe a little gainer for a little edgier clean tone).

Hope that helps!