RM100LB Fuses and Tubes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGKAHUNA

Reaction score
I have an RM100LB on the way and will be relocating to the Philippines. Knowing that standard parts wont be available over there I would like to stock up on Fuses (Voltage in the Phils is 220V/60Hz) and I would also like to stock up on power and preamp tubes as well. What fuses do I need to get for the specified voltage and where can I order them in bulk on line? I know about the Eurotubes Site but other than that, where do you guys buy tubes? What tubes do you suggest? Thanks!

I posted this in Pete's thread. I think the correct fuses (for the mains) are actually listed on the back of the amp.

External tube fuses:
Glass 5x20mm Fast Blo 250V/400mA (stock was 250 or 315...they now ship with 400)

External mains fuse:
Glass 5x20mm(?) Slo Blo 250V/5A (at 100/120V), 2.5A( at 220/240V)

As far as tubes go, I use thetubestore and have used dougstubes.

Hard to recommend power tubes without knowing what you like...I have a huge collection of power tubes now..sigh

Pre-amp tubes..great sounding new production tubes:

Chinese 9th generation 12ax7 (the gain selected 'silver dragon' version of these is interesting for high gainers)
Tung-sol 12ax7
'Mullard' 12ax7

JJ ECC83s are OK in some modules but have gone off 'em lately

NOS tubes that sound fantastic for high gain and aren't off the hook price wise:

RFT ECC83

So is it OK to use the 400mv even if your head didn't ship with them?
Have they changed anything internally about the amp to accomodate them or did they just switch to them so they don't blow as fast?

Trem said:
So is it OK to use the 400mv even if your head didn't ship with them?
Have they changed anything internally about the amp to accomodate them or did they just switch to them so they don't blow as fast?

They were switched because the peak current draw when using certain tubes (E34Ls/EL34s?) could take out the 250s....you are safe to use the 400ma in an amp marked 250ma.

This has been stated by both Randall and Egnater.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMseCiJT91fwIsB0heZRuSPXPJQ3IQq2yMY%3d
Would this be the correct fuse for the RM100's tube spots?

Latest posts