T2 or V2 vs. 6505 (5150)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah7

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with both these? I hear the 6505 is a little dry. I think i want more of a liquid type gain though. Any thoughts on these amps would be greatly appreciated.

6505 are a ripping amp.one could say there almost the industry standard metal amp[yes i had one].t2/v2 are a very different animal but i can get close to my old 6505 sound and im sure the v2 would be able to do this to.
the randalls have there own sound/tone but can cover a wide tone imo.i love my t2,just wish it was working :cry:

teetoo said:
6505 are a ripping amp.one could say there almost the industry standard metal amp[yes i had one].t2/v2 are a very different animal but i can get close to my old 6505 sound and im sure the v2 would be able to do this to.
the randalls have there own sound/tone but can cover a wide tone imo.i love my t2,just wish it was working :cry:

Whats wrong with it?

teetoo said:
dont no took it back today.replacement head arrives next week

I honestly hate hearing this. I had to return my firt T2 head as it didnt work right out box. I have my second head on the way and my concern is realiability. I will be relocating to the Philippines and there wont be any amp techs around.

Micah7 said:
how about in terms of distortion? does one have more than the other[/quote
imo the 6505 has more distortion,but once your over the 6 7 mark on the gain knob its pointless and hard to keep tight.
the t2/v2s gain is really smooth and can be pushed alot more but still maintain balls and tone.just my 2cents

totally agree with the guy above me. The 6505, from my experience, has a much tighter, almost compressed sounding gain whereas the V2 sounds very loose and brutal (at least the way I have mine set up). They sound totally different; it just depends on what you like

6505's and 5150 do loose,tight, dry, and liquid. it's just a mater of how you eq along with its signature sound. its very distint sounding amp. i 've had 3 in the last month and they all seem pretty versatile compared to how many people describe as being pretty much the standard for metal these days. the clean on the plus is pretty nice :twisted:

I will tell you.
In my band we have two guitars ... one is on 6505+ amp and mine on V2.
Completely different tone character, not comparable at all. But together sounding like hell! Fucking awesome, 6505+ has more presence, more crunch, and V2 more low end and much more headroom .. gain with huge balls .. kind of full freq. spectra working together, its so fucking great to play with these toys.

Could not say which is better... both kicks ***.

Metal!

V2 and 6505 are waaaay different amps. 6505 seemed kind of 'thin' compared to V2. Of course, I played them through different cabs. The v2 is solid. Don't believe the solid state isn't good. I have great sound from that amp in all channels. The only channel I thought wasn't spot on was the clean... and my other amp is a mark iv so.. V2 has the on board eq and you can play with that all day long getting different tones.