Mysterious Brahma C3. A question for Modders?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///MK

Reaction score
Hello again :)
I just purchased a second hand Brahma from another forum member and the C3 appears to be modded to contain 2! 630 f caps and two resistors soldered together ( c-r-r-c)?
can anyone tell me what the stock C3 should be (I think/hope its just 1 of the 630 caps)?

and what is a good modded value for it.
to me the Brahma sounds like it is lacking gain for my taste but it is very tight and clear especially at high volume.
Any Ideas??

The 2 soldered together is correct.
It looked funky to me at 1st but thats the way Dave Friedman designed it.
I called it the Christmas tree decoration CAP! :wink:

That was my favorite module for classic rock.
I used to boost it with a Boss SD-1 and it JUMPED to life!

I use my analog man Ts808 and it gives me that hair metal Soldano type tone with better articulation for sure. Great sounding leads with this setup. without boost it gives me that Dokken heaven sent type tone with it feels a lot more like a Mr. scary mod with better sounding mids.

Oh yeah....that module is very versatile.
Boosted it can get into the Van Halen "fair warning" tone easily....
Gets some Killer AC/DC as well! :wink:

i had my brahma modded and ram a cusack down its throat. sweet mother of mary......

i still cant believe how my rig sounds. i've sunk some money into the head and modules along with other stuff. but i never thought i would ever have a quality sounding amp that i loved. i've always had higher end amps, but none sounding like this.

and there was much help from a few individuals from the forum to help me along the way to get here. i havent forgot about them.

that brahma is crazy. my brahma definatelly encroutches into mr scary territory gain wise. when i set the two modules by ear to my prefered rythem sound... teh scary is a bit tigher with more bite (great rythem adn leads), where the brahma still has plenty of gain to play any sevendust song, but is smoother. it lends itself to be more of a rythem channel. but anyone who has a brahma knows how tuff it is getting any kind of harmonic out of it, with the od and mods, it gives em away.

the brahma still has plenty of gain to play any sevendust song

What?! Hmmm....I owned a few Plexis which I thought a Brahma basically was- I imagine you're getting this type of chainsaw only after the mod. I'm still shocked

I was just shaking my internal orgarns playing my drop A 7 string through the RM rig.
USing Brahma + boost + bbe gives plaster shaking tight bottom end.

crankyray...

definatelly after the modifications and only with the cusack, i'm sure any high quality od will push this module. but take into consideration all the other things in the chain that contribute to this. pick-ups, cables, tubes, biasing and rm100 upgrades.

i'm only saying this module is pushed to the gills and would have no problem handling sevendust material. was actually plaing "pieces" a little while ago.

bhuard75 said:
i had my brahma modded and ram a cusack down its throat. sweet mother of mary......

+1 That's what I'm doing too

DF Brahma w/Cusack Screamer,... Awesome Tone!!

mike said:
bhuard75 said:

+1 That's what I'm doing too

DF Brahma w/Cusack Screamer,... Awesome Tone!!

me too :wink: DF Brahma w/BBE Green Screamer o/d pedal "boost" = KILLER marshall tone 8)