Advice on new rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpooN

Reaction score
I currently own an Rm50 loaded with a modded Recto and Tweed. I have been gigging with it for about 18months. A guy has been at me for the last five weeks to buy my amp, at first I thought he was joking but after about the 5th call I took him seriously. The beauty of this is that I own a music shop, so I made a call to my Randall rep to get a rough price on a new rig. Then quoted that price to the guy wanting to buy my amp he said yes, bingo I get a new rig for nothing.

So I am looking at an RM 100 head and the vintage celestion 2x12 cab.

What model head should I be looking at and what modules do you guys suggest.

I play everything from Metal to blues to pop. I currently own a Recto cap mod, Tweed and a sl+. Was thinking of selling My RM50 with the Tweed and Recto and getting a blackface and 1086.

Thoughts suggestions?

Blackface module rules, havent tried the 1086 yet but ive never heard a bad thing about them and i use an xtc for my high gain stuff and im similar to you in that im all over the board

The Blackface module blows me away. I can't believe how good it sounds. I have it in an RM50B combo. I also have an Allen Old Flame (boutique amp based on a blackface Vibrolux reverb) and I honestly like the Randall as well.