Got an email from a guy named Frank?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
I shot an email to [email protected] and received an email from a guy named Frank? Does he work with Bruce? I was asking if they could do a custom module to get REALLY close to an uberschall and Frank replied saying that the Modern High Gain module from Egnater sounds like it. I guess my two questions are 1) who is Frank? and 2) anyone here play an Egnater modern hi-gain and think it sounded like an Uberschall?? I was planning on waiting for the Ultra XL as I heard it would be more suited to that realm, but if the Modern Hi-Gain would work maybe I'll get one of those? Thanks guys.

I have one and it reminds me more of a creamier red channel of an Ecstasy (which I used to own and sold in a fit of stupidity). I have not played through an Uberschall, so maybe that?s it. It has less dynamic punch than the Erect and more all-around body than the SL2. I have all three and they are three very different sounding channels. I love them all. The cool thing about the Modern is the ability to get that violin thing going on. I have some crappy samples on my website of them in the Machines section, but my favorite recorded tone of the Modern I have done is on the solo for our tune Subterranean Rapid Transit towards the end of the tune. There is a bit of harmonizer on there, but you get the idea.

Oh ya, Frank is Bruce?s magic elf. He is super cool and super helpful. Just remember they don?t have tons of those modules sitting around in boxes like the MTS, so they may take a while to get to you.

Thanks guys! I wish I had $300 on-hand, he said they have a single channel available... but man I dunno if I can afford that for a module yet! :( The uberschall is like the GRAIL of all metal amps (other than the VH4... they are both on the same plane of awesomeness IMHO!), it has that PUNCH YOU IN THE CHEST feel to it. I want THAT in a module! Hits your hard, aggressive and brutal! I picked up a DNA Analogic Gain Fxxker II pedal from a friend on another forum, so I'm going to try that out through the Blackface and Top Boost channels to see if I can get that sound. If that doesn't work, I might pick up the modern module! :D

Honestly; i've played the ubershall quite a few times and found it to be really quite muddy and dead sounding; i dont get the hype at all. I found it to sound really close to the randall rectified actually.

the ecstacy red sounded a thousand times more alive to me

the modern hi gain is like a smooth and more compresed recto, bogner to me are more marshall sounding, i heard in HC forum that the new GRAIL module will cover from soldano slo100 to uber tones. maybe that module will work for you.

Latest posts