Randall RM100(critical news to come?)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burner

Reaction score
Here's the deal..

My Randall RM100 been giving me some problems since day one really..
I like the tone and that but one thing fucked up in it from the begining and that was the bias adjust for one of the EL34 tubes..
Had it i?n service once.. took four fuckin weeks and error still existed..
Sent it back again and by phone I now found out this:

Randall will replace one of the pcb cards in all of the RM100 of older date(the "Lynch" is fixed from factory apparently)..
And they didn't have it in yet...

Don't now how randall is going to approch this against customers.. but at least you know about the problem..

Bummer man, sorry to hear! :( I never had a problem with adjusting the bias on my RM100-S, maybe it was a newer version? I sold my Head but I'm using the RM-4 with a VHT 2/50/2 and I have an RT 2/50 coming soon too. I'm going to judge the two in a shootout, whichever sounds best stays for sure and I'll decide to keep one as a backup or to eBay it goes! If I don't like the RT2/50 as much as the VHT, I'll post it here first as I'm sure there might be someone here looking for one. :) I'm interested to see how the midi switching works!

Recent info...

The possible problem concern all RM100.. ALL RM100!

Senario:
You find the sound a bit harsh..
check the bias setting, one tube will glow but only get 0,3mA instead of <>38mA

There is some component inside that burns up..

Not even the "Lynch" is free from this problem..

I live in Sweden.. it will take me 3-4 weeks to get my amp running.. at least :evil:

Hmmm, my amp is off at the shop now. .sounds familiar. Does this happen with RM50B as well?

GaryMcT said:
Hmmm, my amp is off at the shop now. .sounds familiar. Does this happen with RM50B as well?

I got mine back from the shop today. Apparently a tube blew at some point and blew the power connector fuse, burned out the tube socket , and burned a trace on one of the boards. I can't wait to get home and try it tonight!

On a related note, doesn't it seem strange to take down traces on a board when blowing a tube?

Do folks that buy the Egnater stuff instead of the Randall version have problems like this? I might have to pay the extra for Egnater in the future if the reliability is higher.