How do you pay for your gear???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insightibanez

Reaction score
For awhile now, this question has always lingered in my mind. I see so many of you with such SICK GEAR and I ask myself how do they do it? :?: :lol:

I had a bunch of older gear (ADA) and 14 guitars that I started selling on ebay. paid for a lot of my rig. I accumulated alot of it from the late 80's to now so I didn't buy it all at once. I also bought some stuff and was lucky enough to relist it a little later and make some good profit. Other Items in the rig I Sniped at like 3 am(off hours) off of ebay for a good deal. Really worked at getting what I wanted. I did put some money out of my pocket into it. Figure out what you want and just do it one piece at a time. It took me about a year for my rack. Patience ! :D

Well.....up until the last year it was ALL CREDIT CARD!
Then it was....sell....and use that cash for gear.
Now...I ran out of stuff to sell....cards maxed...
hours at work shortened....
*sigh*
Just squeak by selling off anything I dont use on the Ebay to buy something new. :x

Dido Mailmans last post. You can get deals on ebay but cant be afraid to buy something just to sell it for a slight profit and build up. Now they offer ebay bucks so you get rewards for buying things, hell im up to $20 so far

Barter, swap, sell and haggle on anything plus working everyday I can! I used to have GAS for about anything for a guitar but since the MTS purchase it has become very focused! Oh and I have a drumming habit too! Opps, I almost forgot all the recording gear too. I live in the south but I don't hunt or fish and that helps! No stockpiles of guns for deer, ducks, rabbits, turkeys or squirrels. I hit plenty with my car! No four wheeler. No bass boat, no place on the river either. I would feel so alone without you guys... sniff sniff...LOL. I wouldn't trade playing music for nothing!

ak37 said:
I don't hunt or fish and that helps! No stockpiles of guns for deer, ducks, rabbits, turkeys or squirrels. I hit plenty with my car! No four wheeler. No bass boat, no place on the river either.

Hey I resemble that remark. :D

Get more creditcard debt than I can handle, take up a few loans, sell all my other stuff, borrow money from family...sucks to own gear in the end=))) wait...no it doesn't!

pimpin-aint-easy.gif

Hard work...

Seriously, You start small build up.
I figure out what it is that I need and go looking for it.
I do my research and get a price point in mind that represents what I am willing to pay/afford. Next thing you know you've got more **** than you know what to do with. You learn to sell what you don't need and not buy certain pieces just because they appear to be a good deal.
Time, patience, good research, and jumping on the right opportunities.
Since I have become a forum member I have both bought and sold to some of the guys here and I am stoked with the results. The forum is also a really good place to get info that would take you forever to research on your own. The beauty of the MTS system is that you can buy in fairly cheap and over time build up a sick rig. That's my .02.

My method:
pretty much all of the above.
I dont have any stockpile of gear...well maybe pedals, but amps and guitars are pretty tame.
Its basically been work for it, play gigs for it and be patient.
GtrGeorge

Daryl said:
Seriously, You start small and build up.
I figure out what it is that I need and go looking for it.
I do my research and get a price point in mind that represents what I am willing to pay/afford. Next thing you know you've got more s*&t than you know what to do with. You learn to sell what you don't need and not buy certain pieces just because they appear to be a good deal.
Time, patience, good research, and jumping on the right opportunities.
Since I have become a forum member I have both bought and sold to some of the guys here and I am stoked with the results. The forum is also a really good place to get info that would take you forever to research on your own. The beauty of the MTS system is that you can buy in fairly cheap and over time build up a sick rig. That's my .02.

I forgot to add a very important tip. Know what sound it is that you are going for and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

For me it's always been, work my *** off, while doing that look at every piece of gear that could be it for me .. and save up for the one that you click with.

I've had some lucky breaks, in finding good deals here, working for Anthony, good timing with sales (not the last time..)

Really go for it, find out what you want, figure out what you need to do to get it, and go for it ;)
That is, also make sure that the thing you want is truly the thing for you, I played stacks and stacks of amps .. played the RM4 for 5 minutes and was sold, now I'm happy camper.

Also: don't go for everything in one go (unless you can easily).
I bought a module, tham an RM4, then another module, then another etc etc.
Spreading it out allows you to slowly build up a sick rig.