Randall T2 Tube Test MP3s

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

submission

Reaction score
Well I made and uploaded some MP3s (18 tks ) of The T2 and Marshall Cab (w G12s and V30s ) with various tube combinations just to see what the differences would be . Not a big differance more like subtle little changes in eq mostly noted in the Mid range . The Tubes used were the OEM JJs and Ruby , also Mesa , EH and Tung sol . only the V1,V2,V3 tubes were changed and the title of each trk is the tubes used and order .Also not sure how good thes MP3s will be as the site only let me load 192kb files so the subtle changes my not be to noticable .

"" NOTES ""
I only Miced one of the two V30 speakers for these recordings .
All trk were recorded using the OverDrive Channal ( green light )
Amp Settings : Gain 3:00 / Level 9:00 / Base 12:00 / Mid 12:00 / Sweep 12:00 / Treble 12:00 / Density 12:00 / Presence 3:00 .

((((((( LISTEN TO THE RANDALL T2 TUBE TEST'S HERE ))))))))

submission said:
Well I made and uploaded some MP3s (18 tks ) of The T2 and Marshall Cab (w G12s and V30s ) with various tube combinations just to see what the differences would be . Not a big differance more like subtle little changes in eq mostly noted in the Mid range . The Tubes used were the OEM JJs and Ruby , also Mesa , EH and Tung sol . only the V1,V2,V3 tubes were changed and the title of each trk is the tubes used and order .Also not sure how good thes MP3s will be as the site only let me load 192kb files so the subtle changes my not be to noticable .

"" NOTES ""
I only Miced one of the two V30 speakers for these recordings .
All trk were recorded using the OverDrive Channal ( green light )
Amp Settings : Gain 3:00 / Level 9:00 / Base 12:00 / Mid 12:00 / Sweep 12:00 / Treble 12:00 / Density 12:00 / Presence 3:00 .

((((((( LISTEN TO THE RANDALL T2 TUBE TEST'S HERE ))))))))

Great work man, i think the best sound for my ear was EH-TUNG-MESA i think eh is rich armonically and this combination sound great with the other valves! for example i like EH-JJ-JJ but i prefer the E-T-M :D

Funny , I liked both of those as well , I keep switching between the 2 .
You know the Mesa tubes and the JJs are exactly the same tube , but the sound of the Mesa's seems to be a tad bit more rounded out .

Im also looking to get a TAD , and a Mullard , I hear the Mullards are awsum and the TAD are supposed to offer a nice FAT sounding distortion tone , Im currious .

Thanks for listening

EH-Tung-Mesa

was my preferred combination. Good throaty roar and more sparkle (that didn't get icepicky) than the others I heard.

I also liked the JJ-Tung-Tung, but not as much as EH-Tung-Mesa.

Now, all that having been said, the differences are so small, that only geeks like us are going to notice that sort of thing.

Well done, thank you!

The gain was at 3:00 .
Those subtle differances are hard to notice on am MP3 , but imagine it at 400 watts throught a marshall 4X12 stack , those subtle differances become BIG changes in you sound .
Load amps can sound awsum as long as the sound is not Boxxy , Boomy and shrill .
So us geeks will have the best sounding amps out there :D