Hey! Where has Pete been?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Hey guys, been an interesting month. Here's what's up:

Doc found spots on my dad's lungs four weeks ago. Had to run several tests (colonoscopy, one where they used a needle to get a sample of tissue from a spot on his lung, one to check out his lymph nodes, and one other one place that looked suspicious.

Bad news: spot on the lung was cancerous. Good news: nothing else was, so it hasn't spread as far as they can tell.

Just got home earlier today from the hospital. Dad had a part of his lung removed, and is recovering. Maybe I'll bring an RM20 into the ICU tomorrow and serenade him. ;0

Seriously though, this has been on my mind for the past month or so and I've been fitting in MTS work as I can. If I have your module, it will be finished, I just have to prioritize stuff and my dad is number one. Doesn't mean I haven't been working on them at all, I'm just slowed down a bit. If I have your module I'm hoping to get EVERYTHING cleared out in the next two to three weeks. I have some exciting/interesting news on the MTS front on the horizon, and even have some new modules in the works soon - it's amazing the stuff you can come up with while waiting in a hospital.

I appreciate your patience, and would like to ask two favors from everyone:

1) pray for my dad. if you don't believe in prayer, then positive mojo or whatever. I am not the most spiritual guy ever, but I think it makes a difference. I would really appreciate this.

2) If you smoke... please, think about stopping. If not for you, then for your family/loved ones. My dad was of the 'I've smoked since I was 13 and when my time to go comes, it will come" school. Well, he stopped after having a stroke and being confined to a hospital bed for days back in '00 - but I'm pretty sure that smoking from the age of 13 or so to 60 sure didn't help. I'm not preaching here, just think about it. Please.

Pete

I quit smoking for the third time in 2003. I woke up at night on Xmas eve hacking up my lungs. It kept up the rest of the night. The same thing for the following three nights. That was nature's way of telling me it was time to quit.

I'm not going back there again.

I'm not a religious person. Would a donation to the American Cancer Society suffice?

Julia said:
I quit smoking for the third time in 2003. I woke up at night on Xmas eve hacking up my lungs. It kept up the rest of the night. The same thing for the following three nights. That was nature's way of telling me it was time to quit.

I'm not going back there again.

I'm not a religious person. Would a donation to the American Cancer Society suffice?

Positive mojo/thoughts would do just as well. I appreciate it... and glad to hear you quit. I had bronchial pneumonia as a 2 year old, and have scarred up lungs, so I always avoided smoking. I was lucky I never started, I hear it's really hard to stop.

Sorry about your dad and I hope he recovers soon. Fortunately my dad stopped smoking when we moved to Toronto because the government taxes the companies crazy amounts and they pass it to the consumers. I think a pack goes for 10 bucks and by quitting he is now saving around 2k a year. So the next time you guys have GAS for something cool think about quitting.

My prayers are with your dad Pete.

Pete: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. Noting is as important as family. Thanks for keeping everyone informed of your situation.

Ron

What's up! Hey just know that prayers are sent from my family to yours. I totally understand about the delay and respect the fact that you put your family first - thats exactly what I would do.

I smoked till I was 24 - always felt the physical effects but loved it. One day after work someone asked me for my last cigarette and on the way home that day I asked myself....how long can I go without buying a pack of cigarettes? I never smoked again...Just quit on a whim. Odd but true.

Look...thanks for the heads up, best wishes to your Dad and your family and I look forward to my mod when you get to it. Also looking forward to your future mods.

I'm sorry to hear about your father Pete, I will definately hold you, your Dad, and your family up in Prayer.

And like you said, PRAYER DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Here's to keeping you and and you family in my thoughts and hoping for all the best. May his recovery be a quick one.

Prayed for your Dad last night Pete...hope he gets well soon..

We just had a cousin die.....47 years old Cancer (funeral today).....and my Father-in-law is in the hospital and not doing well......it rains it pours....

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Saw the old man today, he looked better, but man he looked like someone ran him over with a steamroller yesterday. Got to talk to his doctor, he's doing great and may even get to leave the hospital a day sooner than they figured. :)

Jim, prayers back for your father in law... really crappy thing about getting older is that you start seeing people pass. Over the last 10 years I lost my mom, the grandparents I had left, and an uncle and aunt. I'm 39 but sometimes I feel like I'm 139.

Pete

Quitting smoke is easy when someone is motivated enough. My Grandpa smoked from 14 to 65. When he found out he had cancer, he quit smoking that day and never even thought about smoking again. He had over half of one lung removed. This was back in the early 90's.

Pete
I'll pray for your dad and I'll pray for you.

Re: Smoking
May 5, 1975 I put my last cigarette out. 3 packs a day to 0,
"cold turkey" No regrets.
Pat L.

Hope all is going well Pete.
Times like this can be very trying as I am sure you are feeling.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Dan

I'm kinda from both schools. I believe in the power of prayer, but I don't do it enough so I just generally send out good vibes. But those vibes are headed for your family, Pete!

On smoking: A bit over a year ago (I can't believe I forgot when it was :(), my girl was having financial issues, and she smoked cloves (black cigarettes). She was concerned about it, and so was her mom, and in an attempt to help her save some money, we decided to try and get her to stop smoking. She looked at me on webcam that night and told me that if I wanted her to stop smoking, all I had to do was say so and she would stop, cold turkey. I did, and she hasn't smoked since. I'm very glad too, as I'm trying to get her to start singing again like she did earlier in life (she was a soprano 1), but I'm having more trouble with that :lol:

okstrat said:
Jim, prayers back for your father in law... really crappy thing about getting older is that you start seeing people pass. Over the last 10 years I lost my mom, the grandparents I had left, and an uncle and aunt. I'm 39 but sometimes I feel like I'm 139.

Pete

Thanks man......the old guy is doing better it seems....he's got a severe case of pneumonia and they drained about a liter of fluid out of his lungs today. He was at least joking today.....He also smokes and is 74......the Doc gave him the quit smoking speech today as well...... :wink:

Glad you're dad is doing better also.....since we're dating ourselves here I just turned a lovely 44.......******..... :evil: :lol:

Prayers to you're father Pete. I've recommended numerous people to go to you for mods as i think your are a master of mts modding haha. GL with everything though

Shin i'm 17, 2 months from 18. :p