New to the site...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just registered here, the main reason being, I'm liking what I'm hearing about the mods to the mts modules. I have a RM100 and so far have the Blackface, Plexi, XTC, and 1086 modules. I wouldn't mind getting some work done to one or two of them, and/or buying another to send to Pete. I LOVE the sound of that Slodano.

I play everything from driven singlecoil SRV type stuff, through classic, southern and hard rock, and into some metal. Of course, like others, I'm seeking the perfect elusive tone for each style of music I play.

I love my Randall, but just ain't getting THE sounds out of my modules, so I end up using my pedalboard to boost the gain, alter the tone, or use ITS effects through my clean Blackface. That's not what I want. I want to get my distortion from my amp, and just add some chorus/delay/reverb as needed.

As far as the amp goes, ultimately I'd like to have;

a) a clean channel where I can boost the gain for SRV-type stuff.

b) a good sharp toneful articulate crunch for rhythm

c) a liquidy high gain lead with screaming pinch harmonics

Any thoughts on which direction I should head?

Get my Plexi and/or 1086 tricked out and go for the Slodano for leads?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jethro

Maybe my XTC can be modded to do leads. I don't care for it too much the way it is though. Sounds like there's a blanket over it. Lookin' for more of the pissed-off Soldano thing...

Welcome to the madness man!!!Really cools stuff the MTS delivers and it seems the Quest NEVER ends!!! :lol:

try getting the 1086 modded to the 1087; i heard thats the most versatile module ever. you can get great cleans as well as brutal rhythm and leads.

and welcome to the forum.

^Yeah, I was about to say trade that Blackface in for a Tweed and get it modded by Pete. :D Then Check out trading the XTC for a Modern, SL+, or Mr. Scary so Pete can do his Slodano mod to it, and check out the Pete Plexi.

Thanks for the input so far guys, and thanks for the welcome.

I just saw yngzaklynch's post of his modded XTC and it sounds a lot better than mine.

I'm gonna have to sit back and think about this for a little bit. Maybe Pete will chime in with a little advice for me.

Keep posting those audio clips!!!

I'd love to hear a longer clip of that Slodano.

Just my 2?...

I also bought the RM 100 with BF/Plexi/XTC setup.
When I ordered it, I also ordered a SL+ module. Looks like you basicly did like I did, heard the sound clips and bought an extra model to replace the XTC. (I think almost everyone agrees that the stock XTC blows comparitively) :lol:
I found my BF module too bright, lacking bass...in reference to the Plexi & SL+. :?
Pete has my BF now and is forcing it against it's will to put out more bass.
Hopefully this will balance out the sound across the 3 channels. (he assures me, it will) 8)
I'm gonna sell my XTC, but not until I get my BF back in it's spot.
I'm probably gonna get a 1086 or a Mr. Scary...maybe even a KH module...I dunno

Too many choices! (did I just say that?) :roll:

Yes, that Pete BFace is not talked about often, but wow, what a great clean module, capable of big dirty tones....the best clean I've ever played (2nd plavce Ampeg VL)