Switching to Midi Chanel 1 on the RM100 Head.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephman

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been told someone here might be able to help me - I'm trying to use by Boss GT6 as a footswitch via a (new good quality)midi cable to the RM100. I've read most existing threads here on the issue and have tried omni mode and 16 tranmit chanels. At this stage, I'm assuming that the S1 switch on the RM100 is set to ?!@$#!@? and I need to access it. Are there any photos / directions as to how to get to this switch ?? Or am I missing something with the GT6 - ie: when I'm on a specific patch and hit the chanel select button on the RM100 for 3+ secs, should I then be saving the patch, or doing something else ?? If anyone is currently using this setting any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steph.

Dunno if I said it in the other thread or not, but I know that you take the head out of the chassis, and there's a little box wih 4 switches that controls MIDI channels, and you just throw one of them. Try using the search function in the forum to find other MIDI related stuff to help you out.

I have been using an RM4 and a GT-Pro and have been able to channel switch both from GT-Pro and with FC-300 footswitch. The GT6 should be similar. Here are a few tips:

OMNI is a receiving (not transmitting) issue. Omni on the GT6 would not change the channel the GT6 sends (transmits) on.

The GT6 may send out some midi controller messages which could trick the RM100 into listening for controllers, not program changes. Make sure the first signal you send is a program change.

I have a suspicion the RM's are in omni mode when connected to an RM footswitch (for ease of use) and switch omni off when a standard midi connection is used. If this is true, you may want to make sure you power up the RM with the GT6 connected.