New Lynch module comming out?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///MK

Reaction score
Anyone else here got this??

off the souls of we myspace page

GL: There?s so many decent sounding, inexpensive amps now a days. The Lynch Box student amp will be out soon. The advantage of that amp is you can swap modules and get completely different tones. There are four Lynch modules right now, with one more on the way. And Randall has another 30 modules available.

anyone know what the new module will be??

Sounds perfect to me!
I am sure I will be there one of these days.
Going to retire there myself as well! :D

what the heck is he talking about the Lynch student amp ???
is that another one and RM20 with the alligator tolex ....

he already has the 100head .50head ,50combo

Steve can you comment on any of this or is George ..drinking

gtr31 said:
what the heck is he talking about the Lynch student amp ???
is that another one and RM20 with the alligator tolex ....

That was my guess too :D

That was my guess too :D[/quote]

...I just can't see that making sense ,not with the announcement of the RM22 coming out in a couple of months.....

Edit ..Unless it is offered in BLACK gator ..lol

To me student amp sounds like a solid state version of lynch's tone. Kinda like what kirk has with his ss amp. I am looking forward to the new module tho...

I am thinking it might be a Brahma 2 with some more tweaks from Freidman and the new 7025 tubes he was digging .. but who knows .

He speaks about the modules constantly being updated ,so maybe he did things to one that changed the tone enough to be it's own thing

I have seen George 4 times in the last year and a half and not one time has he ever used the Lynchbox. It is always the same Marshall plexi and a Cusak overdrive that is the core tone. The first time I saw him he had the Plexi on top of the Lynchbox and never even plugged it in. The last 3 he never even brought it. The student amp will just be a lame solid state version most likely. George is a ripping player and actually one of my favorites but I never like someone sticking the name on stuff and never using it other than a Randall sponsored clinic or something. I know George is picky as all hell about tone but I cant get excited over modules the guy never uses live or in the studio. I just saw Extreme a few weeks ago and the new Nuno amp sounds great and he seems to love it now that the bugs are out. He was going straight from the Boss gt8 into the Nuno amp. The whole thing of taking cash and time to do a signature amp then never using it just bugs me all to hell.

schlagdog said:
I have seen George 4 times in the last year and a half and not one time has he ever used the Lynchbox. It is always the same Marshall plexi and a Cusak overdrive that is the core tone. The first time I saw him he had the Plexi on top of the Lynchbox and never even plugged it in. The last 3 he never even brought it. The student amp will just be a lame solid state version most likely. George is a ripping player and actually one of my favorites but I never like someone sticking the name on stuff and never using it other than a Randall sponsored clinic or something. I know George is picky as all hell about tone but I cant get excited over modules the guy never uses live or in the studio. I just saw Extreme a few weeks ago and the new Nuno amp sounds great and he seems to love it now that the bugs are out. He was going straight from the Boss gt8 into the Nuno amp. The whole thing of taking cash and time to do a signature amp then never using it just bugs me all to hell.

+1

It's a bummer to see GL not using the LB when playing live. Lynch is an awesome guitarist and he was the reason why i bought the LB. But I really don't blame him!..it's only a green tolex RM100, Nuno amp was build from the ground up.

His signature modules are pretty weak stock ..( accept for the Grail) seems like him and Dave Friedman did lots of tone chasing for the mod's but I wounder what happen with Randall got there hands on them.

Is KH using the RM100KH Live? he probably doest know how to swap out the modules.

I guess with GL using doing his thing and making the biggest fuss over the Brahma with Friedman on the videos, and Friedman correcting it, and then Randall correcting it (about 99% of the way -- I think Dave used higher quality components), that George figures since it sounds real close to the Marshall (close because you still go through the Randall power section) he might as well use one of his Plexis anyway.

The only two of my six modules I've been using for the past couple months has been the Brahma and Grail, and both clean up nicely with single coils.

I read a concert feedback where George was using his Marshall for the 1st part of the show and it broke down then he switched out to the Lynch Box and was using his Brahma and the tone was actually BETTER then the 1st part of the show.
I think a boosted Brahma sounds SOOO KILLER and blows away alot of the Marshalls I have used and heard.
Just my cents. :D

haha :D
That Brahma tone....simply about the best you can get from that MTS!
Dont know why Lynch Strays........
oh wait....probably why most people do....
TONE CHASING!!
Its a sickness....I know :x

"Hi My Name is Dan and I am a Tone chaser" :p

dan, i'd have to disagree about the lynch comment...

maybe he's hiring the wrong guy to tweek his mts line. maybe he should have a change of FAITH

nice to meet you tone chasing dan, i'm bobby and i'm a lesbian

Mailman1971 said:
I read a concert feedback where George was using his Marshall for the 1st part of the show and it broke down then he switched out to the Lynch Box and was using his Brahma and the tone was actually BETTER then the 1st part of the show.
I think a boosted Brahma sounds SOOO KILLER and blows away alot of the Marshalls I have used and heard.
Just my cents. :D

I hate to say this, but I've had one.... This is the reason you need two Marshalls. because one is always in the shop.