RM50HB Users...Post your thoughts

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distortoman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a Randall RM50HB head on order from Capitol Guitars in St. Paul, MN. I have been waiting since late February for the order to come in. Now, before anyone makes any assumptions, I have tried the amplifier out extensively at both 'bedroom' and 'rehearsal' volumes. The modules that I have ordered for the RM50HB are the Blackface and XTC modules.
For those of you who have the RM50HB, I was wondering, do you find 50 watts to be plenty of power for the applications that you use the amp for, do you guys have lots of problems with your heads (I have been reading some of the posts on this forum about problems that have arisen with the RM100 heads, something to do with some card in the amp having to be replaced), and I was also wondering if you guys are the 'plug and play' type of players, that use minimal effects and sounds, or 'tweaker types,' that like experimenting with many different sounds and effects. You feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Distortoman

I use the same head with the Top Boost and either the Plexi or an Eggie SL. There is way more power than you will need with either 6L6's or EL34s.

I've retubed mine with JJ 6V6's and love it, no longer need to carry the HotPlate to gigs or rehearsal, midrange is more pronounced and really helps seperate the guitar in the mix.

Played at a local bar Saturday night and got numerous compliments on my tone :)

Never had any problems with mine and I've been using it regularly since November - twice a week at rehearsal and twice monthly for gigs.

My FX rig is a Line6 Mod Pro and a Boss DD-3 in the serial loop (reverb in parallel). In front of the amp is a Vox Clyde Wah, Strobo Stomp, OD808 and a Barber Silver LTD. All the FX are switched using a Axess Electronics GRX4 and the amp is switched using a Axess CFX4. Currently use a Marshall 1965A (410) cab.

I play in a cover band and try to get the FX as close as possible to the original recording. Our demo is at www.romanholidayband.com which is mostly the Plexi module or the TB + Barber.

Ned, glad to hear someone else using the GRX4 to switch pedals. I need to get some pics of my rig up here soon. . . sounds pretty darn similar to yours.

I know the non-signiture modules are made in Minnesota. I keep forgetting to look at the back of my amp. Got a gig tonight I'll check during load out.