MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Egnater & Randall MTS Amp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! My amp is acting strange....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veets987
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: HELP! My amp is acting strange.... Reply with quote

Ok so the past few gigs i had my amp has been acting weird. It would kinda sizzle in and out for a bit and then be fine. It didnt matter what channel i was on it would still do it. I am running a RM4 and a RT2/50. Any ideas on what might be up? It would just do it out of the blue and then be fine for a while.. I just want to get the issue fixed before it totally craps out on me at a gig because i dont currently have a backup amp....
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's doing it regardless of channel and comes and goes I would suspect a tube in the power amp or on your RM4's chassis (ie: not a module tube). Are your tubes older? Also, do you use the RM2/50 in switching mode? If so, does the problem still occur if you switch to the other pair of power tubes while it's happening? Start there and troubleshoot backwards.
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
Julia
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having this fading in and out occaisional sizzling out then back in full -- it was the power tubes. I was running straight into the amp.

Then I had this happen again after replacing the power tubes, but I'd changed something in front of the amp, and that time it turned out to be a bad battery in a pedal.

Too old to Rock N Roll. Too young to die.
veets987
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if it was the power tubes shouldnt the tube failure light come on on the RT2/50?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Rigs & Tones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: