MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats your dream guitar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> General Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamner1
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom shop Jackson 24 fret Concorde.
Mahogany neck & sides, ebony board. King V neck profile & tall skinny frets. OFR. EMG 85s (or 89s).
I have not decided on paint, but current inkling is white with original old school black pinstripes. Controls 2 volume & 3 way toggle switch not mounted on the top of the body, I would have this down by the volume controls. Very Happy

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky enough to own mine...A black 1981 Les Paul Custom with a Floyd Rose Trem system...I locked the floating aspect down but the fine tuning is amazing....I have many guitars and everytime I think I've found something great, this one always sounds and plays better...Always....I've yet to encounter a guitar I desire more...So I'm a lucky guy...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap's
MR. Horsepower
This one goes up to 11...
HughJasol
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Laughing Dude - that's over the top! I wonder what, if anything, moves the tach/speedometer . . . or maybe it's a temperature gauge!
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HughJasol wrote:
Shocked Laughing Dude - that's over the top! I wonder what, if anything, moves the tach/speedometer . . . or maybe it's a temperature gauge!

I believe it monitors testosterone. Laughing
Mister Joshua
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually measures string attack while playing. And yes i want one of these. http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Mr.Horsepower.htm

Peace, Joshua
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Joshua wrote:
It actually measures string attack while playing. And yes i want one of these. http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Mr.Horsepower.htm

Peace, Joshua

That's totally right, Joshua.
That link is where I got the pic that I posted.
There is only one thing that I would change about this guitar. It is the bridge. The Mr. Horsepower is equipped with a licensed Floyd Rose which and I would prefer a German made Floyd or Schaller with a hardened steel base plate, titanium saddles, and titanium big block sustain block. But I would totally snatch one of these up if I had the chance.

HughJasol
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Joshua wrote:
And yes i want one of these.
If you have an Axe-FX Ultra for trade, you might actually be able to get one! Laughing
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)
Mister Joshua
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Daryl, the Music Man floyd is a Gotoh made bridge. I have one on my Axis and it is actually better (IMO) than the German or Schaller systems. It comes stock with a solid brass sustain block. The only thing i fault on the Gotoh is the fact that they use custom size lock blocks, you know those black pot metal things that always break. Other than that it is a great system. The only system i like better is the Edge, and it too is made by Gotoh.

Peace, Joshua
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that. Thanks Joshua...
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Joshua wrote:
Actually Daryl, the Music Man floyd is a Gotoh made bridge. I have one on my Axis and it is actually better (IMO) than the German or Schaller systems. It comes stock with a solid brass sustain block. The only thing i fault on the Gotoh is the fact that they use custom size lock blocks, you know those black pot metal things that always break. Other than that it is a great system. The only system i like better is the Edge, and it too is made by Gotoh.

Peace, Joshua

The Gotoh is a nice unit and I own an Ibanez RG3120 with an Edge unit on it. I have to say though that I much prefer the German made Floyds because of several reasons. I own a modded one that kicks ass. You mentioned the string lock blocks breaking and I know what that is like. I use titanium ones now and at 140,000 PSI, they don't break. You can get more options with a German Floyd than any other. You can get upgraded sustain blocks in brass and titanium, upgraded titanium saddles, stainless steel hardware. Really killer stuff. Check out: http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/
This site has stuff for all the different Floyds as well. If you really like to whammy, this is the place to get some of the good stuff. It's what a lot of pros use. Adam is a great guy to work with as well.
FU sells big blocks for many of the major Floyd versions and they work awesome. Here is an example from a Guitar World review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZ3w_Qwq2Q
Mister Joshua
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Floydupgrades stuff and it is indeed killer. I use the big brass blocks on both my German made originals and my Gotoh. I do not use titanium saddles or sustain blocks because it adds a shrill high pitch unpleasantness to my sound. I do however use the titanium lock blocks which is how i found out the Gotoh does not use standard size lock blocks. I do not blast the German stuff at all but merely say that swapping a Gotoh unit for a German unit would be like swapping a new Ford for a new Ford. You'll just spend a lot of money for the same performance. My 2 cents.

Peace, Joshua
spooch
RM50

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ Mirage Rally.
Daryl
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream guitar?

m0jo
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played mine the other day: Ibanez SV5470F

I've always played my trusty S470 after learning to play on the cheapo GSA.
Then I wanted something more stratty, got a custom built strat.. Slowly modded that to more heavyness (humbucker, thick strings)

Now this is the perfect combination of super comfort, superstrat sounds and regular strat sounds.
Sounds awesome, plays unbelievably smooth.. even in the store, without extra set up tweakage! Very Happy

So.. saving everything I have now to get this Very Happy

Salvation Mods Twinface, Mash-all+, Sloogie, Mu?eca, Shiver (Facelift), modded XTC, stock Recto
Randall RM4 - Randall RT2/50 - Randall RM22
TT-Cabs REX V212

www.sparkplugmusic.nl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> General Music Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: