Scored a sweet Lynch Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felineguitars

Reaction score
Got myself somewhat of a unique deal on ebay
Was watching this amp with interest and thought -WOW!
I don't know why as it's not the most practical amp to have for home use being 100w with an oversize 4x12, but as a long term Lynch fan I was really wanting to have it.
So I put a late bid in on it and to my amazement - won the amp (I'm not usually that lucky on ebay

Came loaded with Brahma, Grail and Mr Scary

For me the icing on the cake was that George Lynch played this amp at a clinic too and signed it too, I remember the clinic a few years ao and was disappointed that I had found out too late to attend it in person, but getting the amp they were promoting was a sweet ending to the story.

Amp arrived safely (as can be seen in the pix) and my god it's loud if you turn it up.

lynchbox3.jpg

lynchbox2.jpg

lynchbox1.jpg

lynchbox4.jpg

This was what the ebay advert said about this amp:

This Lynchbox is a prototype which was flown to the UK for a one night stand in 2006 at the PMT Music store in Birmingham - some of you might have seen him play there. George signed this rig personally while at the gig and from the pictures you can easily see Lynch'es signature on the amp and the cab.

Other things that make this rig very unique is the 'no Lynchbox Logo' on the front of the cab and amp. For those of you who are familiar with this rig the current models all have a glorious (and pretty gaudy) Lynch logo on the front. Because this was a prototype rig this has the regular Randall logo on the front - again making this probably the only Lynch Box rig in this country (and maybe the world) that George played through and signed in this way - there are regular production rigs signed - but it is extremely unlikely that there is another prototype outside of George's own collection.

I did check on this and Randall told Me that in 2006 when this rig was demo'd in the UK at PMT Birmingham these were not in production and neither was the amp. The rig is finished in a dark green crocodile skin (simulated) material which is in excellent condition and I can't find any nicks etc. The cab includes wheels but no cover. This rig has never been gigged other than by George himself and has been in a state of storage since. These are all very rare in the UK and cost the earth if you can find one - partly because of the weight and size for shipping from the USA where these are made. Randall introduced the George Lynch Signature Series Lynch Box guitar speaker cabinet and amp in production from 2006. To reproduce the Lynch Box tone, George developed the exact speaker cabinet specifications he was looking for, resulting in a huge sounding guitar speaker cab with thick, smooth mid-range and defined highs. This slightly oversized rear port speaker cabinet is constructed by hand using a combination of void-free birch plywood and a high density fiberboard for tight projecting tone. If you're a fan of the Lynch tone this is the guitar rig you've been waiting for. Randall MTS Series Lynch Box Signature 300W 4x12 Guitar Extension Cabinet Features: 300 Watts RMS George Lynch Signature Eminence Super V speakers 3/4" void free birch 8 Ohm mono input I can tell you there is no cab much greater than the power of this one. If you always go for a loud defined rock sound, if you always go for hard rocking guitar riffing or metal jamming, then there is no need for hesitation on this rig - it excells at this style.

This gives this rig, with these speakers and rear tuned porting an awesome tone, but It is awesome and similar in quality and tone to Mesa Boogie, Engl Amps. You can get a thoroughly MODERN METAL sound depending on exactly which preamp you use - but no matter, this rig sounds awesome.

The Amp comes with EL34's fitted, but you can use 6L6 or even KT77 and many other tubes because of the way this amp is designed. You can even mix tube types in this amp. Biasing is a simple matter that anyone can do. There is a Parallel and Serial loop. The FOOTSWITCH is included (it is a brand new one bought just a couple of months ago - the original was missing).

Just to add - I looked inside the speaker cabinet and found some paperwork that shows that the cab had originally been fitted with celestion Greenbacks but went back to Randall's UK operation to have 4 Super V's fitted instead

I had puzzled over that as back in 2006 when the cab arrived in the UK I dont think the Super V was available.

Killer amps (and cabs)..congrats! Three of my favourite modules too..

You can tell it's pre-production as it doesn't have the skull logo...which some love or hate :D

DO NOT Mod this amp. Repeat. DO NOT Mod this amp. Check the modules to see if they were also autographed. If they were DO NOT mod the modules.

Julia said:
DO NOT Mod this amp. Repeat. DO NOT Mod this amp. Check the modules to see if they were also autographed. If they were DO NOT mod the modules.

:lol:
hahaha
Yes, I guess that?s right...

congrats !
Now you have 2 Mr Scarys :wink:

headown said:
Julia said:

:lol:
hahaha
Yes, I guess that?s right...

congrats !
Now you have 2 Mr Scarys :wink:

Yes - very true, and I may use them together with different settings! :twisted:

That amp is great fun - I wont modify it
The modules weren't signed as when George did the clinic he brought his own modules to use.

I use my 3 racks as much as anything - I can swap the modules around as I wish., but the LynchBox is impressive to say the least

I also got another Mr Scary, couldn?t ressist.
I was really missing it.
This module has a great "voicing".

Which of the 3 modules do you like best ?

I would take your grail, if you don?t like it that much... :wink:
I?ve never played one.

We could trade.
Maybe you could get another scary :lol:
Joke !

I'm hanging onto the grail for now as it's the only rectifier type module that I have , and want to see where it fits in soundwise.
I am quite an 70s-80s fan tonewise - so plexis and High gain modded marshall/soldano tones are my natural home ( oh - and Vox too being a Queen fan), but there is a place for the dual rectifier type tone and I just need to find it

Lynch did use that kind of tone a bit on Back For the Attack (lost behind a wall etc) so I will persevere for now.

That's interesting...I just picked up a Lynchbox by a fellow forumite that was also autographed by George...Came with all 4 modules....what a killer amp!!! Mine has the newer Skull logo...FWIW...I was told he used this for some store demos 1 1/2 years ago...