Module Gain List

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was ever done, but is there a module gain list of stock Randall modules from clean to hi gain?

Thanx - Pete

Definately done once...if not twice..am trying to think of thread title or search parameter..try this one:

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=4668

Here's an abridge version....combination of buriedorburned, okstrat and mt input. I'm not sure about the position of the 1086 tho' and XTC is debateable too.

Clean
KH-1
Blackface
Deluxe
Super V
Tweed
JTM
Brahma
Plexi
Top Boost
Ultra Lead
SL+
Mr. Scary
XTC
KH-2
Grail
Treadplate
Modern
KH-3
Ultra
Ultra XL

lhrocker said:
Where does the Brown fit in this list?

Never owned one but I'd guess right before the SL+ or Ultra Lead .. based on clips I think has similar level of gain to the Ultra Lead

I'm totally confused. I thought the Ultra Lead and UltraXL were the same module :shock: What exactly was the Ultra Lead based on?

wengnutt said:
I'm totally confused. I thought the Ultra Lead and UltraXL were the same module :shock: What exactly was the Ultra Lead based on?

UltraXL is an evolution of the the Ultra (5150ish sounding?). The UltraXL had a little more clarity and cut than the Ultra.

Conjecture and opinion (mine) is that the Ultra Lead was intended to cop lead voicing similar to a Mesa Mark amp....

That's a cool list to have available. It would seem that the cleans would be easier to figure out,(if you have them available to compare), than the higher gain modules...they either don't break up at all or break up at a definable point. I agree that voicing and ears probably make a big difference when it gets to the higher gain modules.

Nightdare said:
JKD said:
SL+
-
-
-
-
Treadplate

Odd I'd consider m SL+ higher gain than my Treadplate
then again, this may be my ears since the SL+ crunches more while the Treadplate compresses more

The low gain modules are at the top. So the Treadplate is rated higher gain than the SL+ :wink:

Red Witch said:
That's a cool list to have available. It would seem that the cleans would be easier to figure out,(if you have them available to compare), than the higher gain modules...they either don't break up at all or break up at a definable point. I agree that voicing and ears probably make a big difference when it gets to the higher gain modules.

Yeah...if a high gain module has more high end, it's going to sound gainier IMO.

Latest posts