Anybody deal with "Beyond Eleven"?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Z

Reaction score
Hey all,

First time poster, long time reader lol

I am getting ready to buy a Lynch Box combo amp (like maybe within a day or two) and after shopping around a bit, most seem to be kinda close price wise, except "Beyond Eleven" as they seem to be a fair amount cheaper that others.

That's not a problem that they are less expensive, but I just want to be sure that they are legit and not shady, like everybody else I HATE to get ripped off. Just looking for anyone who may have any info on them, good or bad.

Thanks!

Donnie

hmm If you are looking at the Lynch combo they have pictured ,something is wrong there if it is listed as $699.

I have seen a dealer go 949 on the head but the combo never less than a $1000.
I would call and confirm the price .I think they put the wrong info

I saw a used one on the Guitar center's web. I think a 50 with 6 modules for 1200. I can't recall what store but if you search use zip code 48162 within 100 miles and you'll find it. It is at one of the MI. stores. Hope this helps if the cheap one isn't legit.

Thanks guys

Anybody else have any input on whether or not this place seems legit?

I did call them to find out if they had the Lynch 50 watt combo IN STOCK, well the sales guy said he would go look for sure, he took my name and number and said he would call back but he did not call back, maybe he will tomorrow. :roll:

Technically if its posted for that price they HAVE to sell it to you for that amount. Otherwise they could be charged for false advertising. I say go for it.

I just might have to try to do that, but I did cruise by the classified mts ads on here and wonder if there is anything on there that I could be happy with too?

The one thing that looked kinda cool was JKD's palomino rm50 head with the matching 2 x 12 palomino cab. The only thing I wonder about is this, I was looking at the 50 watt lynch box combo because obviously I REALLY liked george lynch's tone, but having said that i also liked alot of 80's hair band metal tone. So would JKD's stuff be able to get me to the "tone holyland" that I have been so desperately searching for? lol

Any suggestions?

Sorry for all of the uninformed questions, but like everyone else here I am trying to learn and get that "sound" that will make me grin like goofy *******.

LOL...I have a Lynch RM50 head and Cab for sale too...

The amps sound the same but the cosmetics are different (and more expensive for the Lynch!)

Hey speak of the devil LOL were your ears burnin' JKD?

Ok so here is my deal, I used to play guitar years ago then sold all of my stuff, moved in with a girl and thought I would try to mature and grow up (yeah, right) :roll: So here I am YEARS later and still regretting selling all of my stuff, so on a whim I bought a freakin sweet guitar recently but I have NO amp as of yet, but want to get one asap, cuz as we all know a cool electric guitar don't sound too cool WITHOUT an amp.

I like the look of the lynch stuff but was more concerned with the SOUND if ya get my drift, so if the palomino stuff would sound just like the lynch stuff I would probably be fine with that. And to be honest the palomino is pretty nice looking to me too. If a person were to load a Mr. Scary module into each of those 2 rigs and then turn their back and played them each would you be able to tell a difference?

If you played the two amp heads into the same cab and using the same tubes, you cannot hear a difference.

Speakers and cab are important to the sound....ET65s are more vintage sounding...the SuperV in the lynch box like more like a cross between a lead and the vintage30. Lynch cab has a tuned port for monstrous thump.

I'm always on these forums....probably the reason I have so much MTS gear as well as having fun chasing tones.

Hey JKD,

Would it be possible for you to play through the palomino rig with a grail module or mr. scary module (the two I will probably end up getting) and then posting it so that I could hear it?

To be honest, telling me that they sound more vintage vs lead really is wasted on me as I have no idea what that would sound like, sorry. I really am pretty new to this stuff, so I guess consider me a newbie lol.

Sure..see what I can do..might have to put the camera in the hallway tho' and it'll still clip... no other way to record and capture what the amp sounds like...

I can go off the mic eliminator but my workstation is too close to the amp so it gets hum from the computer and all sorts of pickup.

That would be super cool if you wouldn't mind and if it's not too much trouble for you, thank you.

Ok, so in your opinion what are some of the SOUND differences between the two speakers/cabs (the 2x12 palomino vs the 4x12 lynch) ? Remember I am very new to the lingo, so please speak in layman's terms LOL

I am pretty familiar with most hard rock, 80s rock and most guitarist's tone's so maybe that would be a way to explain and try to convey the information to me. (ex. eddie's tone on the first van halen record or lynch's tone on the back for the attack album, heck I dunno) LOL

I really appreciate you taking the time to try to explain this to me, thanks.

Tone is really such a personal preference but I'll try...

To me a 'vintage' tone applies to much of 70s (and 80s) rock and hard rock..it's looser in the lows, usually a good mid-range..can be harsh or thin in the high end (but that applies more to amplification of the day.)When I think of these tones I'm thinking of stuff through so called 'Greenback' speakers and their ilk..the ET65 is intended as a higher power derivative of that sort of thing.

I don't know the history of the 'vintage' 30 but it's certainly one of the go to speakers for a lot of metal tones..it's tighter in the low end and has a somewhat peaky mid-range that can sound harsh with some amps (of course, metal styles love this...) and this is certainly the base tone of the Super V speaker.

I talk about 'lead' in the context of clarity of tone..I think the SuperV is somewhat clearer than the v30 overall...so a lead will stand out more.

Lots of good combinations of speakers to be had....I run v30/G12h30 in my main MTS cab,...but v30 and ET65 works well too.

Generally speaking a 2x12 seems to provide a denser, more compact tone than a 4x12...which will have more spread and this is definately true of the MTS cabs. I think a 4x12 sounds like it breaths more but I don't get down on the floor and put my ears to it's level.

The Lynch cab is a bit special with it's port...these are tuned to accentuate certain low end frequencies without 'farting out' and you can really feel and hear the low end bass pedal underneath your tone that it adds.