Scott Ian module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuidanceOfSin

Reaction score
Maybe I'm a bit late to the party on this but I just noticed Scott Ian mentioning his sig module on his twitter page...

From his twitter page...

"My signature Randall module sounds great. Gonna live with it for a few weeks and tweak it to perfection."

I wonder what Scott sound it will represent. The old days were JCM800 w/ a TC booster. Later it was Bogner, Rectos and Marshall JCM 2000 and everything else high-gain.

Sorry, assumed it was pretty easy to find.

http://twitter.com/Scott_Ian

Looks like DF might have designed them. Can't wait to give them a try. Wonder if they will be clean, crunch and lead or maybe different eras of crunch/distortion. Can't really see much of a need for a clean module though. :p

Some more stuff Mr Friedman has had his hand in.....**** that guy rules!!!

:twisted:

JKD said:
Some more stuff Mr Friedman has had his hand in.....**** that guy rules!!!

:twisted:

Yup. I'm really hoping for an early Anthrax/SOD module, maybe something in the area of P.O.T and something more modern. I'd be stoked if that's how it works out. Probably clean, crunch and lead though.

GuidanceOfSin said:

Looks like DF might have designed them. Can't wait to give them a try. Wonder if they will be clean, crunch and lead or maybe different eras of crunch/distortion. Can't really see much of a need for a clean module though. :p

Its my fault. I didn't read the first post where it said it was on his twitter page.

I posted on Dave's forum about them. Maybe he can give a sneak preview or at least some teasers.

tehuk said:
GuidanceOfSin said:

Its my fault. I didn't read the first post where it said it was on his twitter page.

I posted on Dave's forum about them. Maybe he can give a sneak preview or at least some teasers.

Over at RT? Or does he have another forum somewhere?

Sweet. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Hope the early module can get close to SEOD or ATL...interested in the modern module as well. Don't see the need for the clean...

Wonder if the amp will be tweaked as well...hopefully it won't have some cheesy graphics...

guitarcomet said:
Who is Scott Ian?

*sarcasm* :lol:

Seriously though, what makes him worthy of a module?

He is commonly cited as one of the pioneers of Thrash. If anyone deserves a module, it's him, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Aaronharmon said:
guitarcomet said:
Who is Scott Ian?

He is commonly cited as one of the pioneers of Thrash. If anyone deserves a module, it's him, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Yeah there has been alot of focus on the "Big 4" for the past few years so there all getting there signature stuff made. Although in my opinion I only thought there was a BIG 2 and Anthrax and slayer weren't one of them.
But with that said I don't think there will be any downfall to having him have a mod, he has a sound alot of people might like to get, and hey its one more mod for us to play with right? the more the better :)

slashnstrings said:
Aaronharmon said:
guitarcomet said:
Who is Scott Ian?

Yeah there has been alot of focus on the "Big 4" for the past few years so there all getting there signature stuff made. Although in my opinion I only thought there was a BIG 2 and Anthrax and slayer weren't one of them.
But with that said I don't think there will be any downfall to having him have a mod, he has a sound alot of people might like to get, and hey its one more mod for us to play with right? the more the better :)

Back, then, I never thought of them as the "big 4" untill I looked back in hindsight. It's true though Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth represented alot of what I was listening to back then.

There were certainly other great bands (Death Angel comes to mind), but all my friends knew the "big 4" and most of them had all their music.

Scott Ian is a legend and a very formative figure in the early Thrash scene. His record speaks for itself and he's certainly a whole lot more deserving of a signature module than some of the more hyped-up names.