Dinged my new baby

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dings -I know they happen to almost every player's guitar out there - but the 1st one still stings a bit. I just got my Peavey HP Special CT (Black) a week and a half ago and it received its first ding today. I LOVE the guitar. Peavey took the Wolfgang after Sir Ed departed and made some improvements. They added coil tapping, added a trem lock that can easily be accessed through an opening on the back (I love having a floating trem on that guitar!), added a 5th bolt to hold on the neck for more stability, slightly changed the shape of the body for a better balance, they changed the radius of the neck, and (not an improvement) but changed the shape of the headstock. I also own a Wolfgang Special which is now my backup guitar. In my opinion, the Wolfgang is a great guitar - but the HP Special just feels so much more right to me. I've also owned a Jem 7V, Jackson USA Dinky, PRS Custom 24, and a Les Paul Standard - All are great guitars, however this is my personal favorite - almost like it wants to play itself. I know it's just my personal preference and that many others would disagree. I was placing it in its case today and the top of the case came down before I had completely layed it down and the metal edge of the case dinged the lower edge of the body - I did the same thing to my Jem and didn't learn to be more careful I guess. It's just a small ding - but in a way I'm kinda relieved that I have gotten past the "baby the new guitar" stage and I can concentate on just playing it and breaking it in.

Latest posts