• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Randall MTS modules: Ultra, Ultra Lead, Modern

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Wow... can't believe it took me this long to find the MTS forum since the Egnater forum disappeared! I've been going through withdrawal without having a good place to chat up MTS gear. Anyway... here's what's for sale:

Randall RM100C combo -- SOLD!!

Randall RM20B combo -- SOLD!!

MTS Modules -- price drop: $125 each, all have been modded (for less low-end muddiness on the high gain modules) per specs on grailtone.com:
- Ultra Lead - thick solo tone (think Mesa Mark series)
- Ultra - Randall high-gain tone
- Modern - "nu metal" tone

That's all (for now). All items are located in the Cincinnati area, but I'm willing to ship if you're willing to pay the shipping. Also, I accept paypal or money orders. Not really looking for anything in trade at this point.

--B

GaryMcT said:
Are you not going to be doing the MTS thang anymore?

Oh, that's not the case at all... :wink: my band just broke up a few weeks ago, and I've decided to take some time off from the world of gigging bands & the associated politics to concentrate on other things in life, like finishing my masters degree. I've had three MTS rigs for some time now, and I've decided it's a good time to downsize... I'd mostly been using the RM100C for weekly band rehearsal and the RM20B for small jams/recording projects outside of my studio. So I'm planning on keeping my RM4/RT2-50 rack with at least half a dozen modules for home recording & jamming. (I've even been giving some consideration to upgrading to an M4 with the dual-channel modules, but don't tell my wife.)

randall_rm4_rig.jpg

--B

Ah - you're the same guy that had this on craigslist huh...

I did a seach a few weeks ago for a blackface module and found your listing and wrote you a back then, but never heard back from you.

Hilly,

I've got my RM50 head loaded with JJ 6V6's which is about 20 watts. Definately plenty of volume for rehearsal and gigging.

Disciple said:
Ah - you're the same guy that had this on craigslist huh...

I did a seach a few weeks ago for a blackface module and found your listing and wrote you a back then, but never heard back from you.

That's probably because I didn't have a blackface module for sale... :wink:

hilly1212 said:
Is the RM 20 loud enough for rehersal and gigging for stage volume?

I've used the RM20B for rehearsal... certainly no problems there in terms of generating sufficient volume. The volume depends a little on the module choice, though... since the RM20B doesn't have a master volume on the amp, you basically need to crank up the volume knob on the module itself. Since the modules have different circuit designs, it's possible that you may get more volume out of some modules than others. Makes sense? The cool thing is that since the RM20B has no master volume, it feels like it runs much more "wide open" than the other MTS amps I've owned and feels a little more sensitive to variations in playing style/pick attack.

I have never tried using the RM20B for gigging, though--my former bandmates had a 100w Peavey head and a 1200w bass rig which were played at near-deafening levels, so I felt obligated to bring out the RM100 or RM4/RT2-50 and as many cabs as I could fit in the car for gigs. Our slogan was "Go big or stay home".

--B

Bump! The RM100C and several modules just sold...

Still have the RM20B and the following (modded) modules available: Brown, Ultra, Ultra Lead, Modern, XTC, Deluxe.

Shoot me a message if you're interested.

--B

Price drop...

RM20B combo now selling for $425, $525 with one module.

Here's a pic of the RM20B during my "cheap mic/cab sim shoot out":
rm20-mics.jpg

Also, have dropped prices on the modded modules:
$125 for Brown, Ultra, Ultra Lead, Modern, XTC
$110 for Deluxe
(with broken bright switch)

Finally, if you want to add reverb to the RM20B (or any MTS amp), you might want to check out the Songworks Little Lanilei spring reverb pedal. I've used it with the RM20B and RM100C with great results, but have a DOD rackmount spring reverb unit that I'm using with the RM4. Anyway, if you're interested in the spring reverb unit, it's available for $125.

Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested and I'll get you a shipping estimate... I'm on a business trip now but could ship them out when I get home on Saturday.

--B

Update... Brown and Deluxe modules have been sold.

RM20B and Modern, Ultra, Ultra Lead, XTC modules are still available.

--B

RM20B and XTC module have been sold.

All that's left now:
Ultra module $125
Modern module $125
Ultra Lead module $125

--B

i picked the RM20B and XTC module up from Brent tonight.

The RM20B/XTC were as good as new cosmetically.
buy these other modules guys, Brent takes really good care of his stuff.

he's also very knowledgable about the various MTS modules.

thanks again, Brent ! :)

Hey... glad to hear you got the modules, and sounds like you're enjoying 'em!

The last 3 modules are now up on e-bay ( http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbduerschQQhtZ-1 ). Gotta get some $ to pay off my most recent PRS acquisition (a McCarty standard in sparkle red)!!

--B