Peavey Triple-X

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtsweapon

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used/owned a peavey xxx head? I've got a good friend of mine selling one in mint condition. I've played around on it some at low volume but I plan to jam it more but I was just curious if any of you guys have any comments on them. I don't know much good or bad about them except it does have a killer tone. I'm considering it for a backup head even though I really wanted to find an rm50b. The xxx seems pretty quality made and has some sounds I really like.

The XXX is a decent amp, but I prefer the JSX personally. The XXX always seemed a bit too buzzy.

Just my $.02

I appreciate your two cents. I did notice that the gain was fairly extreme and a little on the buzzy side and thats exactly what I hadn't experimented with yet is cutting down the gain. I guess I'll just toy with it a little more and see what all I can get out of it.

the jsx's ultra channel is really buzzy as well. Its a good high gain amp but it is a bit buzzy. Thats where im stuck, theres no dealers for randall in VA and im stuck between randall rm100 and the jsx.

Well in regards to the rm100 I'm pretty sure you won't regret that amp. With all of its abilities, tube options, and tonal options its hard to go wrong. I just got thinking that the peavey would be a nice compliment and/or backup especially ran in stereo. I've always heard the triple x is somewhat of a dual rec clone. The rectifier amps are of course a killer amp but I defenitely don't have the cash for that. Just a thought though and I do appreciate all the input.

triple x is a wanna be dual rec honestly. Its a cool backup head for sure if you get a good deal on it, but it isnt anything really special in my opinion. Theres a dude around here who uses one in a power metal band and its really difficult to hear him cut through the mix.

The jsx is pretty cool, but buzzy for sure. bank the mids and you lose some of that fizzle though. MTS anything > JSX though

I know what you mean when it comes to not being able to cut through. All that grindy treble that basically sounds like static. I'll keep that in mind and I guess the best test will be to test it like I always play - Extremely Loud.

I own 2 Triple XXX's.I run them in stereo via an A/B/Y box and they are brutal.Some of the cleanest distortion tone's i've ever had the opportunity to play thru.I bought mine 3 year's ago though when new they were in the $800 range.Now they have sky rocketed to over $1,100!