Few teasers...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
brownhumble.jpg

Top is my new brown faceplate. My red/black/white is getting pretty beat up on the edges - I did it on high quality photo paper with a 6 ink photo printer, then shot lacquer over the top. Very time consuming, and just not very sturdy. Thought I'd figure something out that had the right brown 'vibe' but didn't look like something I could get sued for.

second up is a humble overdrive special plate. Three guesses what this is going to be... still in development, stay tuned.

uberfish.jpg

Fishy module on top is one I'm working with a guy who owns a 'real' fish and we're going to send his module back and forth until he gives it his blessing.

The Ubermodule underneath is going to be a challenge - check out the top of the module, see the line? That line was drawn on the chassis UNDER the faceplate... yes, it has a clear top and I'm going to try to figure out a way to light it up that won't interfere with the module fitment in our amps. It may not be doable, or may be stupid expensive to have done because of the metalwork I may need to do on the chassis... but we'll see.

Of course, full speed ahead on the three proto modules is going to be delayed while I clear my bench... but several modules are going out very soon to eager clients. :D

Pete

I take it the ODs is based on an Ultra Lead too...or did you figure a way to do it on the Deluxe?

\m/

JKD said:
I take it the ODs is based on an Ultra Lead too...or did you figure a way to do it on the Deluxe?

\m/

I don't like building too much circuitry on top of a module, and to do that on a deluxe would require a lot of rework that potentially could be a real problem for servicing later and reliability.

So no, not on a deluxe, at least not the lead channel. Still exploring options and playing. The deluxe would be a good candidate for the Humble Clean Channel though!

Pete

guitarcomet said:
okstrat said:
... but several modules are going out very soon to eager clients. :D

Pete

"eager clients" ?

Would that be me? :lol:

Yeah, I'm actually doing some interesting tweaks to yours that might end up on the Humble clean module... :D

okstrat said:
JKD said:

\m/

I don't like building too much circuitry on top of a module, and to do that on a deluxe would require a lot of rework that potentially could be a real problem for servicing later and reliability.

So no, not on a deluxe, at least not the lead channel. Still exploring options and playing. The deluxe would be a good candidate for the Humble Clean Channel though!

Pete

was just trying to figure if you were using a module with a pre gain EQ stack.

When Pete figures out the ODS I'll be pulling the trigger. I'm thinking it might be a version of some Mesa type module. Then I'll sound like Robben Ford walked in the house and forgot how to play.

It too teasing to just show Us the faceplates.
I cant wait to hear some of these tools.
Pleeeze.

kylendm said:
Wow, the ubershall is something i'm dying to try!

Pete i sent you a mail, just letting you know.

I have it, replying now. Just got home.

Pete

Patiently waiting is easy knowing that you take the time to bench test and tweak things until you're happy.

It's not like you drop the new parts in and ship it off.

Also, the post Bruce E. made about part placement and the effect it can have on the sound was quite enlightening.
I never thought it would make much difference.
Guys like Pete (and Bruce) are obviously in the top 2%.

And to think, Martin Luther King Jr. has his own holiday, streets across America named after him, etc.

I think Pete should have a street, too! :lol:

Juggernaut said:
Hey Pete, are you shooting for that Cantrell tone with the fishy mod?

Yes...inquiring minds want to know. I need a "haunted" mod. There is nothing more haunting than Jerry's tone. 8)

I like Pete..but not until he faces a water canon and police dogs can he have street named after him.

Very interested in the Ubermodule and HODS :D What's the Humble built on anyway?

And also, I hate to keep bringing it up, but have you found an alternate candidate for the Mark? I don't think I'll have one myself, but I know my friend wants one and I have the module for it (he just needs to get an income and get a Randall first :p) that I'll sell him.

I need a glowing blue Uber to match may head. Dont forget the 'Fish' Jerry Cantrell played is also modded with the Bogner "Anthrax Mod". He kicked them way up for Anthrax and Cantrell. I looked into buying one when he was a one man gang at Make N' Music in California. I had a Bogner Modded Langner Preamp when I was 18 or 19 and traded it for some crappy 4x12's. It still makes my stomach hurt to think I did that. I had a total treasure and knew nothing about tone. I feel the pains coming on again!! I wish I could find that preamp somewhere. Looking forward to a Blue LED Uber!

Shinozoku said:
Very interested in the Ubermodule and HODS :D What's the Humble built on anyway?

And also, I hate to keep bringing it up, but have you found an alternate candidate for the Mark? I don't think I'll have one myself, but I know my friend wants one and I have the module for it (he just needs to get an income and get a Randall first :p) that I'll sell him.

He's still figuring out how he wants to do the HODS.